Stooooop. Thanks.

Shieldmaid

Wow.... Have we become so sensitive, that one turn of phrase destroys the entire message?

it's not about sensitivity. it's about the message. if you start to use generic phrases that are designed to insult, then you've lost whatever point it was you were trying to make. you may not be aware of this, but that's how it works.

I disagree. Sure, it may have been an unfortunate choice of wording, but, the message still applies even so.

Yes, but the OP poisoned their own message

It would be like Churchill giving a wonderful speech that everybody agrees on, then adds some kind of racial, or sexist, or ageist slur at the end of it.

And like I mentioned in my first post, some people are just going to stop reading at that point, some will continue, but why not make a message that EVERYBODY will read?

Ironically, the message is for people to be nice, while not being nice to a certain group of people

Wow.... Have we become so sensitive, that one turn of phrase destroys the entire message?

Now it reads like: Have some respect for modders. Be nice. Don't be annoying or demanding.

Except against boomers, because they are annoying and demanding.

Which ones were those?? :smile: I have strong opinions on some topics, yes, but, being called a 'boomer', sure ain't one of 'em. (Not sure I fall into that category in any event? I am 60....)

Boomer goes to 1964

Ah, didn't know that. Thank You.

it's not about sensitivity. it's about the message. if you start to use generic phrases that are designed to insult, then you've lost whatever point it was you were trying to make. you may not be aware of this, but that's how it works.

I disagree. Sure, it may have been an unfortunate choice of wording, but, the message still applies even so.

Yes, but the OP poisoned their own message

It would be like Churchill giving a wonderful speech that everybody agrees on, then adds some kind of racial, or sexist, or ageist slur at the end of it.

And like I mentioned in my first post, some people are just going to stop reading at that point, some will continue, but why not make a message that EVERYBODY will read?

Ironically, the message is for people to be nice, while not being nice to a certain group of people

I tend to agree, but, I have also discovered, that of late, it really doesn't matter what you write (type?), it's quite likely someone is going to be offended. It's gotten to the point, that it seems that there is a fairly significant percentage of folks out there LOOKING to be offended by something or other. It's depressing really.

Now it reads like: Have some respect for modders. Be nice. Don't be annoying or demanding.

Except against boomers, because they are annoying and demanding.

I just choose to ignore some comments. It IS the internet after all. :D

Guest deleted34304850

The point is, it was completely unnecessary, and would've gone over great, except for that one stereotype/attack.

What was the whole point of tossing that comment into the middle of something we would've all agreed on? All it did was sour the message.

Also, I find it kind of ironic you saying that, considering you and I are in that age group, and considering some of the topics you were 'offended/sensitive' about

Which ones were those?? :smile: I have strong opinions on some topics, yes, but, being called a 'boomer', sure ain't one of 'em. (Not sure I fall into that category in any event? I am 60....)

no, if you denigrate or insult a group of people then the message you are trying to convey is lost because you can't deliver it in a reasonable manner.

that mess of a post from the OP is just that. A mess of a post. Written by someone who, based on the evidence of that message has no idea of sentence structure, punctuation or basic grammar. Throw in the insults and it amounts to not very much at all.

It's all about delivery. Do it well, do it correctly, you get your message across. Put in no effort and some low-brow insults, it just shows you up.