trying to use profiles, broke vortex, and nothing I do lets vortex do its job anymore, not even a fresh install

mmd123

even thought to try that one, the firewall note, before posting my request for help, yep, both loot and vortex are allowed with windows firewall both for public and private networks.

I can also confirm that I can open the masterlist file in a browser as well, so its not a fact of the site being blocked either, and same thing with the google font for loot, it occasionally claims the font is being blocked, so I copy the entire string of a url, and open it in all the browsers on my system, none of them fail to load that either.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing, thats one of the problems i'm having, it flat out wont download the dang masterlist.yaml file at all....

even trying to get loot to do so flat refuses to do so... and the relavent loot messages are:

[11:18:37.124861] [warning]: Blocking load of resource at https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono:400,700|Roboto:400,300,300italic,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic
[11:18:37.726984] [warning]: No masterlist present at C:\Users\volt\AppData\Local\LOOT\Skyrim Special Edition\masterlist.yaml
[11:18:37.749819] [warning]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js at line 9: You have set a custom wheel sensitivity. This will make your app zoom unnaturally when using mainstream mice. You should change this value from the default only if you can guarantee that all your users will use the same hardware and OS configuration as your current machine.
[11:19:01.774443] [error]: Exception while executing query: Git operation failed. Details: -1; failed to send request: The operation timed out
: libgit2 error
[11:19:01.786370] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js at line 5723: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
at onFailure (http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js:5723:9239)
[11:20:51.895746] [error]: Exception while executing query: Git operation failed. Details: -1; failed to send request: The operation timed out
: libgit2 error
[11:20:51.905799] [error]: Chromium console message from http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js at line 5723: Error: Oh no, something went wrong! You can check your LOOTDebugLog.txt (you can get to it through the main menu) for more information.
at onFailure (http://loot/ui/app.bundle.js:5723:9239)

but thats one of the problems I'm having is it just flat wont do so...and I have no idea why, thats why in one of my attempts at figuring this out prior to asking help, I downloaded the file by hand from the loot github and tried manually placing it there to see if that fixed anything, it did not. I'm still at a complete loss for what even is going wrong here, I cant even seem to find WHAT is failing, to find out why its failing. this is one of the stranger issues I've had to try and figure out, to be totally honest. I'm prone to finding interesting ways to break things by accident when I'm not even trying to, but this one is one of the most odd ones I've had admittedly.

I kind of rambled, let me summarize: I cannot get it to download the masterlist.yaml, at all, vortex just wont, and I have the same problem with loot, neither one wants to download the file, and both throw the specific error of Exception while executing query: Git operation failed. Details: -1; failed to send request: The operation timed out, loot throws that in its debug file, and vortex shows that when you expand the error details pane, literal identical errors, both of them.

also, this is the case, both of these, from two totally separe internet networks, my own, and my fathers, that I have no access to do anything on, so I also went so far as to try and see if this was an issue with m own network configuration messing up git, and it is not.

gotcha, yea thats exactly what I did when I said I downloaded it in one of the other posts, and on that related comment, I made sure to tell windows to unblock it, and that file is sitting in my downloads folder as a backup copy, and I made sure to confirm it is NOT read only, I then copied it to the loot folder its supposed to be in, and to the vortex folder its supposed to be in (assuming the files contents for both programs look for the same things) and its still having these issues, but that is precisely what I did. the few times it tries to work with it, loot still wont work right, after copying it into the right folder, it sorts just fine, but never actually updates the lists and or deletes it and replaces the folder with a hidden .git folder and then goes back to not working, and vortex flat out says it cant read it, and to delete it and force it to download an updated copy of the list, which it fails to do.

as for what browser? given my issues iwth things, and the fact that I will occasionally dabble in web design, I have many, IE, edge because windows 10, firefox, pale moon, waterfox, opera...almost all of them that exist under the sun lmao

given the nature of my own personal network, I assume that windows is currently not able to speak to the microsoft server that tells it about well known files (I thought I had unblocked that but it seems I might not have done so like I recall doing) so it cannot see the reputation of files on the internet (smart screen filter I think it was??) and so given it cant see the file reputation of masterlist.yaml, yea, I had to tell windows explorer to unblock the file given it saw it as an unknown file from the internet... I'll download a fresh copy, edit this post, and clarify what it actually said verbatim given I'm currently going off memory, which is terrible.

edit: "this file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer" and then a tick box to unblock, so yea, smartscreen filter, or whatever its called....I need to fix that so windows can speak to microsofts servers for that...will look into this again this evening... I use network level ad blockers, pihole, pfblockerNG, pfsense....I swear I had fixed this one prior though, and this is one of the reasons I had tested these issues over my fathers wifi, given he does nothing with the network, and I do a lot with my own network.

same results on both networks, so I know its not my stuff breaking things...for once...

given the nature of my own personal network, I assume that windows is currently not able to speak to the microsoft server that tells it about well known files (I thought I had unblocked that but it seems I might not have done so like I recall doing) so it cannot see the reputation of files on the internet (smart screen filter I think it was??) and so given it cant see the file reputation of masterlist.yaml, yea, I had to tell windows explorer to unblock the file given it saw it as an unknown file from the internet... I'll download a fresh copy, edit this post, and clarify what it actually said verbatim given I'm currently going off memory, which is terrible.

Couldn't this be your problem then, with Vortex accessing github for the Masterlist?