trying to use profiles, broke vortex, and nothing I do lets vortex do its job anymore, not even a fresh install

mmd123

so, on that note, for what its worth, it gives me only a single error when I feed it the masterlist.yaml file from loot, and removes the 2 other errors, leaving me with this single error message:

Git operation failed. Details: -1; failed to send request: The operation timed out
: libgit2 error

so, I'm back to having the problem of git being sent over https, is for what ever reason, being blocked, and its not something I am doing myself given this issue also happens when connecting from my fathers wifi, I even tried connecting with a vpn, and still have the same issue, so I'm not sure what the heck is not working right at this point.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I manually download LOOT's masterlist.yaml, and insert it into where vortex is trying to look for its own masterlist.yaml file, this is what it tells me, after rebooting the application, once the file is there. still no idea why trying to load the loot github with git:// instead of https:// works, but https:// does not...but I think this is related to part of my issues, not that I have any idea whats causing this but this is the first issue I have actually been able to pinpoint as part of this problem so far.

I have one more screenshot I was going to add, but the sites only giving me 45.19 more KB of space, and I cannot get the file/tiny screengrab to compress any more than it already is, so I'm like 10 KB shy of being able to post the last screenshot

for what its worth, I just opened vortex on my other desktop that I do NOT game on, and it is also having the same issues updating, this one never actually got setup completely since its more of a workstation than a gaming pc, but it is installed with 8 mods, and its having the same lib2git problems as this pc, so its not apparently specific to this installation as it would turn out >.>

both pcs, have the

"git operation failed. Details: -1; failed to send request: The operation timed out

: libgit2 error"

for what its worth, I just opened vortex on my other desktop that I do NOT game on, and it is also having the same issues updating, this one never actually got setup completely since its more of a workstation than a gaming pc, but it is installed with 8 mods, and its having the same lib2git problems as this pc, so its not apparently specific to this installation as it would turn out >.>

both pcs, have the

"git operation failed. Details: -1; failed to send request: The operation timed out

: libgit2 error"

Looks like the problem is with your network, either your Dad's WiFi or the router is firewalled or something wonky in your network.

I actually have github in a whitelisted alias on my network, and I do not block high ports, so many things use ports higher than 1024 whether or not they should or not remains to be seen, but I have all unpriveledged high ports allowed by default for this reason, also have github itself and its subdomains as a whitelist, so I know for a fact I'm not blocking them myself at least. what the heck...I'm now left wondering what on earth is going on here since my father is all but too lazy to even log into the home router, even when i need him to do something, he wont, out of sheer laziness...so I'm left seriously doubting this is my fathers doing... heck, when I had a windows vista pc, he literally never would update the thing (back when I was a teenager, and had parental controls on the thing, needless to say, <THAT machine was an utter abomination, even before you consider it was a single core with 1 gig of ram, and MS themselves recommend NO LESS than a dual core with 2 gigs of ram, THAT BEFORE the fact it NEVER GOT UPDATED AND WAS A DAY ONE ABOMINATION...yea...fun times) so again, I'm hard pressed to think my father actually has something to do with this problem.....at the same time however, I'm doubtful spectrome themselves are blocking that port..... *sighs* no idea at this point... but this is extremely frustrating.

realized I should elaborate a bit...all whitelisted domains, given I use pfsense as my network firewall for MY portion of the home network (home lab, iscsi traffic, vmware vms, yea, my network is noisy, so I isolate it) are whitelisted on a domain name / IP basis, NOT by a port basis, so if its in my whitelist, its allowed to use any and all ports it wants to, so given github is whitelisted, its whitelisted for any and all ports it needs, which is part of my confusion with this issue, I just googled what port git needs, only to realize its not being blocked by port number at all, its supposedly not even being blocked...

in any case, thank you for all your attempted help so far. much appreciated, succesful or not, being a one man army and one man support staff of my own endeavors, its hugely appreciated given I know what goes into trying to help on things like this. so thank you.

as one last attempted test, I'm gonna make a redundant firewall rule specifically allowing git connectivity to github on the port it uses for tcp connectivity and see if that does anything or not, I'm betting not, but it cant hurt to try.

I actually have github in a whitelisted alias on my network, and I do not block high ports, so many things use ports higher than 1024 whether or not they should or not remains to be seen, but I have all unpriveledged high ports allowed by default for this reason, also have github itself and its subdomains as a whitelist, so I know for a fact I'm not blocking them myself at least. what the heck...I'm now left wondering what on earth is going on here since my father is all but too lazy to even log into the home router, even when i need him to do something, he wont, out of sheer laziness...so I'm left seriously doubting this is my fathers doing... heck, when I had a windows vista pc, he literally never would update the thing (back when I was a teenager, and had parental controls on the thing, needless to say, <THAT machine was an utter abomination, even before you consider it was a single core with 1 gig of ram, and MS themselves recommend NO LESS than a dual core with 2 gigs of ram, THAT BEFORE the fact it NEVER GOT UPDATED AND WAS A DAY ONE ABOMINATION...yea...fun times) so again, I'm hard pressed to think my father actually has something to do with this problem.....at the same time however, I'm doubtful spectrome themselves are blocking that port..... *sighs* no idea at this point... but this is extremely frustrating.

realized I should elaborate a bit...all whitelisted domains, given I use pfsense as my network firewall for MY portion of the home network (home lab, iscsi traffic, vmware vms, yea, my network is noisy, so I isolate it) are whitelisted on a domain name / IP basis, NOT by a port basis, so if its in my whitelist, its allowed to use any and all ports it wants to, so given github is whitelisted, its whitelisted for any and all ports it needs, which is part of my confusion with this issue, I just googled what port git needs, only to realize its not being blocked by port number at all, its supposedly not even being blocked...

in any case, thank you for all your attempted help so far. much appreciated, succesful or not, being a one man army and one man support staff of my own endeavors, its hugely appreciated given I know what goes into trying to help on things like this. so thank you.

Thanks, it's kind of funny, because here I am trying to help YOU, and you're saying stuff about your network etc, that's completely going over my head :D

I know enough to get myself into trouble, but that, by no means, means I know exactly what I am doing, JUST FOR THE RECORD! I will never, not admit this truth!

I know enough to get things working, usually, but by no means do I always know what I'm doing! That, however, is half the fun, most of the time, because thats how I learn best!