i/o error Vortex is unable to find folder

Ironboundbandit

Whenever I launch Vortex it apparently does a quick scan for mod folders which is fine and probably necessary, but it ends up popping up several annoying error messages every time. I recently swapped out hard drives so I no longer have my D: drive with the new one being referred to as the F: drive which is necessary for the phasing out period of the old one (I upgraded my secondary HDD to a SSD). Now, Vortex seems to be confused every time I launch it insisting on searching for the old game folders I had in D: drive and I can't figure out how to get it to stop. It's not a serious issue as it still works but it is just a nuisance that I have to close nearly a dozen error messages which also causes Vortex's startup to take a lot longer than it should. How do I get Vortex to stop search for folders on a now non-existent drive?

There are two different error messages. Capture1 shows the first one followed by about a dozen versions of the Capture2 message for different game folders Vortex apparently tries to find and obviously fails since the drive no longer exists. I've tried selecting both "cancel" and "ignore", and they both seem to have the same result of just closing the window but with it coming up again the next time I launch it. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Ironboundbandit

Whenever I launch Vortex it apparently does a quick scan for mod folders which is fine and probably necessary, but it ends up popping up several annoying error messages every time. I recently swapped out hard drives so I no longer have my D: drive with the new one being referred to as the F: drive which was necessary for the phasing out period of the old one (I upgraded my secondary HDD to a SSD). Now, Vortex seems to be confused every time I launch it insisting on searching for the old game folders I had in D: drive and I can't figure out how to get it to stop. It's not a serious issue as it still works but it is just a nuisance that I have to close nearly a dozen error messages which also causes Vortex's startup to take a lot longer than it should. How do I get Vortex to stop searching for folders on a now non-existent drive?

There are two different error messages. Capture1 shows the first one followed by about a dozen versions of the Capture2 message for different game folders Vortex apparently tries to find and obviously fails since the drive no longer exists. I've tried selecting both "cancel" and "ignore", and they both seem to have the same result of just closing the window but with it coming up again the next time I launch it.

It's looking for folders that aren't where they used to be any more. Should be able to tell Vortex where everything is now.... either that, or change the drive letter on the 'new' drive back to "D".

Changing the drive path would cause more issues than solve at this point and part of the problem is that I don't even have some of those games anymore because I also deleted a bunch of old games I don't play anymore such as Sims 4. I removed Witcher 2 by simply selecting "stop managing" under the games tab. As for some other games like Sims 4 it never managed but for some reason it has a location set for it in my old D: drive that I can't find an option to delete or forget.

Are you definitely on the latest version of Vortex? 1.5.8+ should fix this IIRC.

I'm running Vortex 1.5.10 updated as of 4/7/2022. I thought so too when I read the update notes for this latest version and some of the bug fixes seemed to resemble the issue I'm having but I still have it. Idk if my specific issue has just never been addressed before because it is looking like Vortex currently doesn't have a fix for this. If we can't find a fix, maybe this can be feedback for a future update or patch?