Rating system overhaul

Dark0ne

I do not need to hold back my judgment if the new system does what you explain.

This is really what I was waiting fo, for a long time, particularly the part of choosing predefined comment for non endorsement, the 24 hours ban for new users and most important the no download - no rating feature.

I also would not reduce the 3-hour limit for ratings; I personally believe it is even a bit short. No one can tell me that he downloaded a MOD, installed it and played it in less than 3 hours and I strongly believe that is a precondition for fair rating.

The idea of a pop up "reminder like Tekuromoto proposed sounds great to me or at least a note in the download history that tells users what MODs they rated and what downloads they did not yet rate.

(Please replace rate with endorsed - not endorsed)

I suppose this is the overhaul the site needed to maintain it's, in the majority friendly atmosphere. With over a million users, you will always find trolls and jerks among so many people but I hope those changes will keep them at bay.

Thank you very, very much!!

Edited by crashpilot

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good update, well done. I've always found the rating system to be a bit of a mixed blessing.. Especially when it comes to seaching by rating.

But I too disagree on the 3 hour limit, because I usually download mods in heaps before I play. Every time.

And Im sure that atleast I would forget about comming back and rating the file after 3 hours.

Oh well, nice update nonetheless. :)

Edited by MagicAccent

I like! I was hoping these changes would come around sometime, and here they are!

I suppose I am in the minority here, when I say, I like the 3 hr limitation. I know of certain modders who have people just creating accounts to rate, and that strikes me as odd. They aren't earning money...is it really that important? Seems like a lot of trouble for just a "ego boost".

With the 3hr limitation in place, the feedback you get is some honest and true feedback instead of someone just looking at the description and screenshots....or worse (see above).

This is spot on with the way I envisioned the changes, and gave feedback on, when you asked our opinions on the rating changes.

Well done! :)

Oh my god this is fantastic, I love everything about it, especially about the 3hr timer after downloading mods, that's just brilliant!

Well, there's one thing, I think that when you click the "Top 100" you should be directed to the "All-Time" top list, not the "Last-2-weeks" list.

When can we expect to see this on Fallout3Nexus? :)

I like! I was hoping these changes would come around sometime, and here they are!

I suppose I am in the minority here, when I say, I like the 3 hr limitation. I know of certain modders who have people just creating accounts to rate, and that strikes me as odd. They aren't earning money...is it really that important? Seems like a lot of trouble for just a "ego boost".

With the 3hr limitation in place, the feedback you get is some honest and true feedback instead of someone just looking at the description and screenshots....or worse (see above).

This is spot on with the way I envisioned the changes, and gave feedback on, when you asked our opinions on the rating changes.

Well done! :)

This is what I would have said if I'd been out of bed and seen this sooner. :smile:

I agree with the 3 hour time limit. If people intend to rate or comment they'll come back and do it. The only drawback I can see is if, like me, you have a folder full of untried mods and haven't offered feedback on them, because there hasn't been time to try them out. However, when I do get them in game and actually play, I do try to remember to comment and rate.

A most welcome change! Good Job. :smile:

Perfect solution, can't wait for the other plans.

Those mini-forums would solve the problem of people not making the step to the forum for discussions.

Although it is fun and supportive for people who are modding it, to rate (larger) mods while they aren't finished yet..is a bit controversial.

7 10's before it is even uploaded just messes with the system.

It seems that future submissions of votes will hold a far higher value, I like that.

From quantity to quality...

Keep up the good work Dark0ne :happy:

(Next is a thumbs up for admin-topics ;D? )

I aggred and loved this new system ! But, the words "the most popularly endorsed modifications available on this site" isn't that really friendly to unpopular mods. Cause there are not popular mods, but it's highly rated (some of them got 10.00, with people rating it more than 20.)

You may find my extended comment here : (on page 5)

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...40#entry1144871

But the rest of the new system (Added protection, etc) it's good. (Rather rate 10 or the regular 7 to 9, or rate 1 with no reason or not so polite comment, and may get banned.(or a strike)

I suggest you'll solved this problem, so we can find the really good unpopular mods (without hours finding it).

Edited by Ancient Aeon