Rating system overhaul

Dark0ne

I agree with this new system! Totally! I have reported few times people who just wrote in their comments things like "I rate this file that bad because I can't make it work" or "It suxs ass" or things like this. I hope this way people will think before writing such nonsense.

But I'm sad about this system of thumbs up and thumbs down. The rating system allowed us to express how good was the mod for us. Yeah, retarded people could use it for the wrong way, but even so I think it's the best system. Maybe the rating could have been reduced to 1 to 5, since it was ture that few people actually rated seriously and just put a 1 (which they were erased, since the majority of time it was just a stupid or reason) or 10 (and I'm sure the majority just rated without even testing it). But if that helps the moderators and keep people under control, then I have no objections.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad a new rating system has been introduced and though it hasn't stood the test of time as yet, at first glance it looks great! Much cleaner and fairer. I only wish I knew sooner it was going to be implemented in this way. I wouldn't have had the moderators remove certain ratings lol, as they would have counted in a positive way.

I particularly like the fact that a new Category Top List has been put in place, not the least, because it was one of my own suggestions in the recent topic 'Vote Solicitation'. Thank you Dark0ne, I think the whole system makes much more sense now. Great Job!

I just have one question. I noticed that on authors' 'member profile' their mods are still showing the old rating system ie: 1-10. Will this update to reflect the new rating system, or remain like that? I ask because I also noticed that new 'endorsements' are not registering on the mods in that area.

Edited by Tigerlilly

Yay, it's here! I've been waiting for this update, makes my life slightly easier. Though I've seen one or two mods get rated 10 unjustly in the past(by which I mean without a download, mostly on my own mods), I'm certain that that will be a thing of the past for more then one reason now.

Now to go add thumbs up on mods I like, but didn't rate.

An incredible improvement over the previous system, more effective, less dysfuntional. The Category Top Files is a great addition.

However, I believe the 3-hour waiting time should be reduced by at least an hour. Texture replacers and fixes, etc. don't need even close to three hours to experience and establish your opinion about it.

I think three hours wait is a bit much. I think one hour should be plenty for insta-troll deterrence. (heck, ten minutes would be enough to deter trolls that typically have 10cm long attention spans, hyperbolically speaking :P).

I think the rating changes are good, buuuuut I still feel there should be a neutral rating in there somewhere. I have never cared for 1-10 ratings. There's just too much variation there for an accurate rating and I agree that a lot of people tend to rate 1 or 10, not in between. However, I think a 1,2,3 or C,B,A system might be better. 1 being the worst and 3 being the best. There are several files out there that are good efforts, but really shouldn't deserve a high score so to say or a worst score either because there might be some improvements that could potentially make it a 3. This is where the 2 would come in to play. I dunno, just some thoughts I had when I read over the changes. Overall, I think the endorsement change will be better for the community.

Also, I'd like to say that I am very excited about the prospect of each file having its own forum-like section complete with separate threads rather than just a single commenting section. I think this is an awesome idea and am looking forward to seeing implemented.

as always, keep up the great job guys! :thanks: