HELP! Can't talk to followers!

wuruochong

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happened to me and I did get it to work without restarting, but it's not a good fix. I use AFT and one of the options is to restart AFT which drops all your followers, reverts them to their vanilla state, and drops any custom armor. As I recall, it did keep their weapons, but they were all reset to a state as if I never met them. I didn't think to use the "summon all" feature of AFT first, round them all up and grab whatever I could before their scripts reset.

Anyway, that bomb worked for me to get control of Lydia again. Now I'm getting the same thing with one of the followers from "Anna NPC" mod. I don't know if I'm okay with Vaylen just walking behind me forever. I can hold the "E" key down and make her "Wait there" so maybe I'll just stuff her in an inn.

Also, I don't think it's the AFT mod either, because if I disable it and just load my save I can't interact with her either.

May be too late but i tried resetting AFT and i still can't talk to serana inigo works fine now but i can't talk to serana before i got inigo fixed

• 3 weeks later...

btw, disable doesnt delet things !!! they just do not appear..

if you will delete an actor / item use instead markfordelete (was something like this, cant remember exactly -> look at UESPwiki for exact name)

Edited by Engine307

Anytime this has happened to me, i was told to check for active quest, as some will lock the followers if there is a active quest line that involves any of Serana's dialogue, my remedy has always been player.setfollowercountto 0 to reset them, it sucks i know but what i have found out this is clearly a strings issue, i do know that some mods will glitch the dialogue.

I found that with one of the mods I had that added the black cowl, (conceal's you identity) would cause serana not to talk to me. only her though, didn't have any problem's with other npc's. she was my only follower at the time, so I'm not sure if that's the problem with other followers or not, or if that's the problem at all. so if you are using that hood, or the enchantment onto another hood, it would be worth it to try taking it off and see if that works.

not much of a fix, but that was my problem. hope it helps. :blush:

I had the same problem a while back and the simple solution was to remove any and all Follower mods and reinstall, From what i read online sometimes scripts get conflicted with other mods, causing the voice dialogue not to work properly, so i decided to search for any mods i had which might effect scripts, then i installed one at a time to see what ones were causing the glitch, this may not work for your current problem, but it helped me, I'm no expert at modding or solutions, just thought i would share what i experienced.

I came across this issue due to JaxonzRenamer. I trhrough every console command in the book at it, but in the end, I fixed it by using JaxonzRenamer to give my follower his old name "Argis the Bulwark". I think what happened was... I renamed Argis to Argjs the Bulwark, and he stopped working properly at some point... so I used JaxonzRenamer to rename him to Argis the Bulwark, then later removed all name edits... which I think caused Argis to be considered nameless, which made it such that I could not interact with him at all. Recycling him would just break him (I could talk to him but nothing would happen as it should). By renaming him to Argis the Bulwark again, I was able to interact with him as if nothing was the matter at all.

So... protip, be extremely careful when renaming NPCs...

• 2 months later...

I'm having a similar problem. I married Senna and moved to Lakeview Manor. Right now, whenever I select her, she simply says "You and I are the only ones in Skyrim worth loving." and then walks away. I cannot open a dialog to buy or sell, or interact in any other way. This seemed to have happened some time after she was kidnapped by bandits and I had to rescue her. That was 3 days ago and I've played several hours and quests since then and I'm not sure what's causing it. I most recently became head of the thieve's guild as well.

Any ideas? I guess I can live with things the way they are. I can live without home-cooked meals and she doesn't buy or sell much anyway. It's just one of those bugs that drives me crazy.