Unofficial Patches - "Legendary Edition" or Separate Files?

Arthmoor

Someone asked what would be impacted by the switch to a unified file. Since Nexus is the only place I know of where this data can be accessed readily (for those who have marked it) I'll post what's available from there.

The list of USKP dependencies is irrelevent because the filename for that would not be changing. Which would eliminate issues with 62 files according to the Nexus data.

UDGP dependencies:

101 lisa again 01
An NPO Module - Crossbows
Better Sorting for - An NPO Module - Crossbows
Clean Saves Archive
Czech Translation for Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
Darius Assassin
Dragon Shouts Rebalanced - BETA
GW71_Metallica
No Permanent Essentials
Proper Combat
Racial Traits Overhaul
Requiem - RND - Frostfall AiO Patch
Requiem - Unofficial Patches Restored
SAVS - Skyrim Almost Vanilla Saves
Shouts Reloaded Lite designed for SkyRe
Simple LOADING Screen
Skyrim Dovahkiin Spanish
Skyrim Redone - Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade Patch
Skyrim Uncut
ULTIMATE SKYRIM - AtoZ GUIDE to get the most IMMERSIVE and REALISTIC Skyrim
Uncle Sheo's Stable Modding Guide
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch -- Spanish
YASH - Yet Another Skyrim Hardcore mod

UHFP dependencies:

Clean Saves Archive
Czech Translation for Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
Darius Assassin
Hearthfires Everyone Sleeps
Simple LOADING Screen
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch -- Spanish

UDBP dependencies:

An NPO Module - Crossbows
Better Sorting for - An NPO Module - Crossbows
Clean Saves Archive
Czech Translation for Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
Darius Assassin
Dragon Shouts Rebalanced - BETA
Food and Drinks
GW71_Metallica
No Permanent Essentials
Shouts Reloaded Lite designed for SkyRe
Simple LOADING Screen
Skyrim Dovahkiin Spanish
ULTIMATE SKYRIM - AtoZ GUIDE to get the most IMMERSIVE and REALISTIC Skyrim
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch -- Spanish

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even with all dlcs in my drive, i sometimes play without dlcs. this is slightly sad but for the sake of fixing the problems, I guess this will have to do. Probably going to enable them again and actually play through them.

Well, Arthmoor, the patch crew (and a few people like Sheson) are all we have left; nothing more will come from Beth and Skyrim is entering middle age now. I appreciate the opportunity to vote (I said yes). But, I have to say that whatever makes it easier on YOU GUYS and allows the continued development of these patches, that is the correct direction to move in. Either way it works out, thanks.

i voted yes for a few reasons:

Like Vampire Dante said most of us already use all Dlcs and they are so cheap that if you have a pc to run skyrim you probably will have money to buy them ;

The others who dont have all Dlcs could still use the current versions (actually many mods and even STEP are doing this, its far from perfect but everyone cant be pleased );

One plugin (since shenson memory patch many people started "hoarding" mods);

Since this solution will fix some issues and open up the doors to fix even more issues its a big yes;

The NMM installer could work but the question is: is it worth? i think it would be a bigger hassle than merging all patches manually...

The only problem i see its starting a new game but thats something optional because many people will either start a new game or stay with the old patches until they end their playthrough. Perhaps a big note on the Description and/or a Sticky in the comment section about this (the bad thing is there are many people who dont read the description and/or comments)

Yes, it will be one choice or the other. There would be very little point in simply generating another branch of the project that has to be maintained in a different manner than what we already have.

I have not voted yet on any of the sites. I have given voice over on AFK tho. But something struck me as rather important. Since I'm here, I'll post here.

The purpose of the USKP is to correct bugs within the game while maintaining as much as possible the original feel of the game.

That purpose should extend beyond just the records and assets used by the game. It should include the game as a whole. The game is designed to be modular. You may play it with all or none of the DLC. You may play it with any combination of DLC. You may even include mods if you so desire. These are the choices everyone has whether or not they choose to purchase DLC.

Making four patches into one defeats the modularity. It goes against the principle of maintaining the original feel of the game. It, therefore, goes against the USKP's purpose.

My suggestion: maintain the individual patches, create as necessary crossover patches (these are patches that allow DLC to work together). Whether the crossover patches be managed by the USKP team or merely linked and approved is up to the team to decide.

Not sure what to vote for.

Are there even that many issues with the un-DLC'd game left? If not (i.e. if most of the current issues derive from DLC stuff) you could safely move to the all-in-one patch.

It's just about opposite of this. The DLCs are down to a trickle on bug reports, often barely managing half a page worth of stuff, with the exception of the pile of text and subtitle fixes in the last round. The vanilla game is still getting plenty of regular bug reports and is likely to continue to get them for some time to come.