Final Fantasy

Ice_Dragon

Only 9 replies!!?? I would have thought a Final Fantasy thread would have been more popular than this.

A lot of people I know think FF9 is inferior to 7 & 8. But I highly disagree. It had some pretty decent characters, and I found the skill learning system to be a lot more satisfying than materia or GF's. The best aspect of 9 imo, was the music. I found final fantasy 9's soundtrack more compelling and breathtaking than any of Nobuo Uematsu's previous works. Melodies of Life is one of my all time favorite songs.

Is it a bit weird that I have the sountracks to every final fantasy game? Nobuo Uematsu is my favorite artist bar none.

WarKirby

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you on the music front, there. Some of the tracks I found pretty moving (not as in sobbing into Kleenex, but moving :P). And the towns in that game have to be some of the most atmospheric I've ever experienced, even though they were just pre-rendered static pictures with collision. Now that's the power of a good soundtrack.

Thank you! I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of that place, which is why I didn't mention it. :P Lindblum has to be my fave, as well. Followed second by that twee village with the secret mage doll facility under it (I've played through this game like 3 or 4 times, you'd think I could remember the names of things by now...)

The little village is Dali. Why do you like it though? I despise the place personally. The kids are snotty and rude, and most of the people aren't very nice. I'd love to summon Atomos and wipe it off the map.

Does anyone remember Burmecia, the City of Eternal Rain. I found it highly depressing and loathed going there. Such emotions evoked by a tune and some rain.

On the flipside, I loved Treno. It has a wonderful atmosphere, and a catchy theme tune.

WarKirby

I liked Dali because of its tune, the layout of the village and such. It's true the residents weren't the nicest people, though. :P

As for Burmecia, yeah, that was a pretty atmospheric place. ^^ I don't know if it ever really affected me much though.

Bah, forgot about Treno (too long since I last played through this game). That's probably a notch or two above Dali. The Black Mage Village is a pretty spiffy place as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I never played any FF game, so I dunno?

But I have seen Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, and I immediatly fell in love with the series ^_^.. I guess my signature and avatar can tell.. Sephiroth and Vincent are my favorite.

advent children tis good, and Vincent is without doubt very awesome, and despite it being my fav film of all time, i must say i'm disapointed with the amount of aeris in the film, i mean geez guys is she dead, if so put us all out of our misey, but if she's guna come back then come back already! God! Those people have NO idea how much heartbreak they are causing..... :( ...aeris..come...back.......i.............miss.......u.........sob...

Well, I never played any FF game, so I dunno?

But I have seen Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, and I immediatly fell in love with the series ^_^.. I guess my signature and avatar can tell.. Sephiroth and Vincent are my favorite.

advent children tis good, and Vincent is without doubt very awesome, and despite it being my fav film of all time, i must say i'm disapointed with the amount of aeris in the film, i mean geez guys is she dead, if so put us all out of our misey, but if she's guna come back then come back already! God! Those people have NO idea how much heartbreak they are causing..... :( ...aeris..come...back.......i.............miss.......u.........sob...

Just out of sheer curiosity, precisely what makes you guys like the film so much? ^^; Personally, I thought it was an absolute load of tripe, and an insult to the series. The storyline made no sense, it was a disjointed hash of dialogue, dialogue that was mainly used to stick the overly long fight scenes together. I just sat there humouring it for the whole hour and a half, concentrating on it, and at the end was just left thinking... "what the hell?". And yes I have played FF7. It still made no sense to me whatsoever...

This is all in my opinion of course, and I don't want to start a flamewar. :P Can't deny the CG was beautiful, and the fight scenes fairly impressive. But still... storyline? Hello? Spirits Within did better than this film in that respect.