FAQS

Fraktyl

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but I thought I should add this point. Associations with the pre-order packs should be removed. I tried to load a mod that needed the Mercenary esm and my game CTD. Without that pack I can't even load it in the GECK to remove the association.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup placed the bsa file in the data directory and the altered the ini file in the main directory. Did not have any new meshes or textures or anything

in the data directory. As to the Falloutprefs ini. like i said i only have the Fallout_default file in the main directory( the one that has the exe in it.

Do i have to make the prefs ini file?

I was having a really hard time getting the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa method to work. Then I read the readme that came with the manual version of the file, and it says to edit Fallout.ini (Step 2 of the FAQ says to edit FalloutPrefs.ini) So I did and bingo! it's all good now. You may want to update Step 2 of the guide to say you may have to also edit Fallout.ini. Thank you.

Here is a c/p from the readme included with ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa file

Fallout 3: ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!

By Quarn

1.) First open your FALLOUT3.INI which is located in My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 and search for SArchiveList, once found add "ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa" to the list before "Fallout - Textures.bsa".

What it looks like before adding the new BSA to the list:

SArchiveList=Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

What it looks like after adding the new BSA to the list:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

2.) Search for bInvalidateOlderFiles and change it from 0 to 1.

3.) (optional) Find SInvalidationFile and change it from ArchiveInvalidation.txt to nothing, this will stop Fallout 3 from loading the ArchiveInvalidation.txt which you don't need anymore.

4.) (optional) Find the [General] section of the Fallout3.ini and add this new line in: bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 This will allow skin/face colors to work properly.

5.) Save Fallout3.ini.

6.) Place ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa into your \Fallout 3\Data\ folder.

7.) All done!

I was having a really hard time getting the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa method to work. Then I read the readme that came with the manual version of the file, and it says to edit Fallout.ini (Step 2 of the FAQ says to edit FalloutPrefs.ini) So I did and bingo! it's all good now. You may want to update Step 2 of the guide to say you may have to also edit Fallout.ini. Thank you.

Here is a c/p from the readme included with ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa file

By Quarn

<Deleted to conserve space, but yes I followed these directions.>

I'll admit, I have limited experience with loading mods for FO3. I did it a few times, but that was always with the FOMM, etc.

NV is new grounds for me, and I saw several mods I wanted to try. Anticipating headaches with trying to make sure the archiveinvalidation.txt file was done correctly, I opted for this method.

With the .ini files edited as instructed above, and the bsa file in the data folder, I have a purple head/hands, and world/building textures are not loading correctly. World textures are being loaded randomly, or are purple as well.

Copying my backup files back, and removing the bsa file restores my game. I have no other mods currently installed, preferring to do this step by step to ensure minimal conflicts.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong here? Obviously this works for other people, so I know its me.

This is what my Archives section looks like:

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

SInvalidationFile=

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa

I also noticed that the list of files is different between the two sets of instructions. I tried combinations of the above, including removing the bottom SArchiveList.

Removing the bottom SArchiveList just caused me to CTD.

By Quarn

<Deleted to conserve space, but yes I followed these directions.>

I'll admit, I have limited experience with loading mods for FO3. I did it a few times, but that was always with the FOMM, etc.

NV is new grounds for me, and I saw several mods I wanted to try. Anticipating headaches with trying to make sure the archiveinvalidation.txt file was done correctly, I opted for this method.

With the .ini files edited as instructed above, and the bsa file in the data folder, I have a purple head/hands, and world/building textures are not loading correctly. World textures are being loaded randomly, or are purple as well.

Copying my backup files back, and removing the bsa file restores my game. I have no other mods currently installed, preferring to do this step by step to ensure minimal conflicts.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong here? Obviously this works for other people, so I know its me.

This is what my Archives section looks like:

SInvalidationFile=

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

I also noticed that the list of files is different between the two sets of instructions. I tried combinations of the above, including removing the bottom SArchiveList.

Removing the bottom SArchiveList just caused me to CTD.

Try This,

[Archive]

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

bUseArchives=1

I had the same problem you described until I edited the Archive section of the Fallout_default.ini file to the above.

Hey all, I've got a (personal) custom race mod for FO3 that I stopped using after FO3, and I want to convert to NV. So is dragging & dropping most of the work? Also, anyone know of a tut that lets you convert TS3 hair to NV?

Tried everything, after this new patch there seems to be no way to create custom textures with the .bsa included in that zip.

Even with every .ini replaced with that [archive] section it still only has purple and strange textures. I am trying this on a fresh install even

@DeadYorick

Which ini files did you edit? If you edit the fallout_default.ini that will update Fallout.ini in the My Documents directory. You can just modify all 3 ini files though to be on the safe side.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, post the SArchiveList line from the [Archive] section so we can make sure there is no typo.

Thanks