FAQS

Fraktyl

I've been working on something and the lack of success is driving me nuts. I still can't figure out quite why this is happening.
I've never published a mod on the nexus before, but I've done plenty of mods for my personal use.

Right now, I'm trying to do an appearance overhaul using Mikoto's beauty pack- nothing fancy, just a plug-in to put different hair and a couple of minor visual changes.
In G.E.C.K. it all looks great, and I have the masterfiles loading the way that they should, yet when I attempt to load them most of the altered NPCs either go to default hair, or go bald. I say most because some of them work just fine.
I'm not running any other mods that effect NPC appearances, and I've gone through my load order to ensure that only that one is effecting those NPC's, but it seems that no matter what I do I'm not getting the changes to take for like 90% of my NPC's. Anybody have any wisdom to share with me? I'd really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Quick question. I've got an idea for a huge overhaul that would effect other very commonly used mods from NV nexus.

My question is: If I patch there stuff to bring it alined with my overhaul and upload it, will I have problems.

I ask this because what I will be editing from thouse common mods is only renamed and slightly edited content already used in vanilla FoNv (they did not upload any custiom mesh or textures).

I know its best to ask first, but sense this does not involve any "Self created content from scratch" made with 3rd party apps like NvSE, blender, adoby, gimp, ect (the mods have that stuff, but I will not in anyway edit that). It makes me think it would be ok to make the mod and upload with out issue, sense any one with basic GECK know how and 4 mins of time can remake everything that was in said mod(s) I would be editing.

Sorry for the wall of text, I just need things to be crystal clear before I move ahead with anything.

I could not find anything covering this (yes I looked, but I'm kinda derppy), If some one has a link, that would be of much help to me. Thank you every one in advanced.

Edited by xanthro

• 6 months later...

ok so as a total newb to modding fallout games were would I go to learn about changing weapons around? I'm guessing it would have to do with scripting but searching for info on modding new vegas just get's me tutorials on how to install mods. do I need to search for fallout 3 info instead ?

• 3 months later...

My game is crashing at the start, new to modding. Added a s#*! ton of mods, no idea how to change the load order. Any help would be greatly appreciatedT_T

http://i.gyazo.com/149efff0fb1dc356896c1111751a3ae2.png

http://i.gyazo.com/606523323a62a5e8e6f59d4eaef257df.png

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm new to modding Fallout and I came across a problem. I'm in the middle of making a mod but there are different parts to it scattered in the DLC master files. (some mods I need are in the Lonesome Roads dlc while others are in the Old World Blues dlc) How do I put them together without needing more than one master file?

• 1 month later...

My game is crashing at the start, new to modding. Added a s*** ton of mods, no idea how to change the load order. Any help would be greatly appreciatedT_T

http://i.gyazo.com/149efff0fb1dc356896c1111751a3ae2.png

http://i.gyazo.com/606523323a62a5e8e6f59d4eaef257df.png

Hey there, do you actually have Tale Of Two Wastelands? I think that requires the TTW Master file, which I didn't see in your load order, you need the non-TTW version.

• 3 months later...