Stolen Items Separated From Legit Items of the Same Type

Lycanthrokeith

Thought of another similar possibility: A specialized chest that removes the Stolen tag from any item placed into it. A Fence Chest, essentially.

Now here's a thought, what if that happens after 24 hours? So for 24 hours you have items marked as stolen but afterwards the flag is dropped?

Thought of another similar possibility: A specialized chest that removes the Stolen tag from any item placed into it. A Fence Chest, essentially.

Now here's a thought, what if that happens after 24 hours? So for 24 hours you have items marked as stolen but afterwards the flag is dropped?

Seems a bit op and a cheat if it was done poorly.

Seems a bit op and a cheat if it was done poorly.

Well, seeing as Skyrim's a single-player game, it's up to the discretion of the player. Don't like it, don't do it.

I like the idea, however I've also found it stupid that every NPC can tell that 1 cabbage out of 100 is stolen. It's one thing if you stole something unique, or even something like a necklace that isn't necessarily unique, but still a lot more believable that people know it's stolen, although only people from that area.

Silly if you stole a ring from Rifton and then everyone in Whiterun knew it was stolen.

I like the idea, however I've also found it stupid that every NPC can tell that 1 cabbage out of 100 is stolen. It's one thing if you stole something unique, or even something like a necklace that isn't necessarily unique, but still a lot more believable that people know it's stolen, although only people from that area.

Silly if you stole a ring from Rifton and then everyone in Whiterun knew it was stolen.

I agree, it always seemed stupid that every one knew that something was stolen, even from the opposite side of Skyrim.

On topic, I like the idea of the stolen tag lifting after 24 hours or so.

• 3 years later...

There are sorting mods that add prefaces to items so that they appear together in inventories such as [Arrows] Iron Arrows

so i think a very simply implication of [stolen] would be more than enough... this way stolen weapons wouldnt appear in a whole different catagory...

Edited by prododgy213