Oblivion, AA and Catalyst 11.3

Hi there.

Well, turns out our little friends at AMD went bananas, and decided to nuke the possibility to use antialiasing with Oblivion! Or that's what it seems around here.

My rig? C2D e8400, 4 gb of ram, hd4870 512 mb, Windows 7 32 bit, etc. Never had a problem like this before, not with Oblivion anyways...

Went back to Catalyst 10.9 and guess what, AA works again!

Anyone else having this God darn problem? This is why I don't like updating drivers, let alone AMD (ATI) drivers...

Uh, Hickory, is that while playing on Bloom or HDR? Oblivion disables its AA with HDR activated, so the only to get HDR+AA is through Catalyst.

I would not play with Bloom enabled for love nor money. Bloom is awful. The question was about Catalyst. I am running Oblivion with AA in Catalytst and HDR in game.

Perhaps the OP might elaborate on exactly what the issue is since others among us may want to update to Catalyst 11.3?

The OP's experienced problem is broken antialiasing in Oblivion with that specific version of Catalyst, but not in an earlier version. I think I will wait for 11.4 to upgrade.

http://www.tweaktown...ysis/index.html

And yeah, I know there is a preview driver out. Unfortunately, the words "driver" and "preview" juxtaposed make me nervous. I'm timid that way.

By broken I'm assuming that's more than just the irritating colored line around the top and left portion of the screen that's been there since Catalyst 10.8?