[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

Hmmm.. here it goes...

Started new playthrough few days ago, everything going nicely.... today i go to clear RADAR Station Olivia and for whatever reason i open the Armor workbench in front of door that leads to underground section. At that moment my game crashes.. that being OK with me - cannot expect it to run perfectly all the time.

But, since then i can not start my Fallout 4 at all if i try to start it via F4SE. - upon starting F4SE, it crashes within 3 seconds.

my Windows say this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: Fallout4.exe
Application Version: 1.10.82.0
Application Timestamp: 5aba5970
Fault Module Name: apphelp.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 56325b95
Exception Offset: 000007fefcb34230
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1050
Additional Information 1: 2264
Additional Information 2: 2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
Additional Information 3: cda0
Additional Information 4: cda0ef74ac0a06a689a0996d44d1ac90

Additional info: The game starts normally without F4SE. Iam running F4SE and everything through MO2.

I already did the following in hopes to fix the issue: updated windows / updated graphics card drivers / reinstalled F4SE / reinstalled vcredist (versions from all the years including both 32 and 64 bit ones) / even went so far to install winSDK in case i missed anything. Nothing helped solve the issue.

Current F4SE version installed: 06.07 (and as far as i know, it's the correct version for the current version of Fallout 4)

.......... HELP PLEASE!

edit: SOLVED. Solution in the second post below this one.

Edited by lailanimod

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the internet on this specific error in FO4.... It seams to be persistent over the years within the community. I am still to see a single post that has "SOLVED" in it.

Early reports describe F4SE being not compatible with Automatron DLC...

Curiously enough, just before i entered the Station Olivia perimeter, i saw a lone Mr. Gutsy on the Road and killed it. This in turn started Automatron DLC (Mechanical Menace Quest), altho i was lvl 15 and the DLC should not trigger before player is lvl 30.

"Weird.." i said to myself and proceeded with the playthrough. 10 minutes later i got the CTD, and now i'm locked from playing Fallout 4. (and yes - totally locked, cos i am totally not interested in playing FO4 without my favorite mods)

BTW, thanks for the suggestion @rmm200. Gonna try to do so. If that fails i will try to reinstall FO4 too, but from what i read on the Webs - that solved nothing for others.

edit: SOLVED.

What solved this weird problem was disabling visual themes in windows 7 for both F4SE and Fallout 4.

I had to do it via REGEDIT, as the checkboxes for those options are grayed out in program properties for some reason in Win7.

i will leave this here in case someone runs into the same problem:

SOLUTION for BEX64 CTD error on module apphelp.dll_unloaded upon Fallout4 launch via MO2, via F4SE on Windows 7 64-bit OS :

REGEDIT:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

(if you already added tag "run as Admin" to your FO4 and F4SE Loader, You will find them listed here with "RUNASADMIN" tags.

just add "DISABLETHEMES" tag after the "RUNASADMIN" tag. No quotes and make sure you hit space once between those two words.

The end product should be looking like this: "RUNASADMIN DISABLETHEMES" (without quotes).

Edited by lailanimod

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, I downloaded latest f4se from silverlock (0.6.7). Uninstalled and updated but for some reason when I launch the f4se either from NMM or the f4se shortcut I get a dos error

"You are using a newer version of Fallout than this version of F4SE supports.

If this version just came out, please be patient while we update our code.
In the meantime, please check http://f4se.silverlock.org for updates.
Runtime: 1.10.89
F4SE: 0.6.6 "
should it not say F4SE: 0.6.7?
am i doing something wrong here?
Edited by boldestfortune

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...