[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is the right place to beg for features, but, would it be possible to add a way to rename map markers? setName on the reference doesn't seem to do anything.

I just got the F4SE "your update isn't supported yet error". :sad: Any clue how long we'll be dead in the water? Might be time to restart my game w/o F4SE mods.

Edited by adriangunn

Not sure if this is the right place to beg for features, but, would it be possible to add a way to rename map markers? setName on the reference doesn't seem to do anything.

I just got the F4SE "your update isn't supported yet error". :sad: Any clue how long we'll be dead in the water? Might be time to restart my game w/o F4SE mods.

F4SE is fast, usually a day after an update. The problem are F4SE plugins like Place Everywhere, which need to be updated as well.

In the meantime, you can look at SacredKnight81's link and do a rollback. Also, you should set steam to manual updates and only ever start the game through the f4se launcher. Also, always start steam first, and only then open the f4se launcher.

I absolutely hate it when Beth updates the damn runtime EXE file. Now its a waiting game to have F4SE update. In the meantime is it safe to play my game without F4SE and it's dependent mods? Edited by wttwjr

Bumping the instructions to re-apply the old exe for those who need it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

AHHHH!!!!! It worked

Thanks dude, for anyone thats needs to know

APP ID: 377160

DEPORT ID: 377162

MANIFEST ID: 3055551067152305307

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but I cant navigate to the depot on the site AND there is no Console tab in my Steam app. FML...

Bumping the instructions to re-apply the old exe for those who need it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

AHHHH!!!!! It worked

Thanks dude, for anyone thats needs to know

APP ID: 377160

DEPORT ID: 377162

MANIFEST ID: 3055551067152305307

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, but I cant navigate to the depot on the site AND there is no Console tab in my Steam app. FML...

I don't think mine had the console tab either, but if you go into the reddit thread and click the link where it says "Steam console", then allow your pc to open that link within steam, it should create a console tab for you. I think that's what mine did.

Edit: new F4SE is now out guys.

Edited by S0VEREIGN

Where does the urban legend that the version check could be removed comes from ? It is just not possible. Believe me the team would have done it a long time ago if it was possible to avoid manually update all the offsets every time.

I have a better idea: when starting f4se_loader.exe, check if Steam is running first. If it isn't, just exit with an error message. This will prevent people from accidentally updating by running the f4se loader while steam is closed.