Nuclear apocalypse in real life.

BloXboX

So .. The title pretty much explains a lot

If there was a nuclear apocalypse in the entire world. How would you survive, It would be awesome if everyone used the fallout series as a resouce of how to survive. Though you can use stuff that isnt from Fallout 3, New Vegas etc.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first thing i would do is A, Buy a water purifier/grabber that grab's the water molecules from the air and makes water without you having to search for it, Second thing i'd do is live underground in a bunker till the radiation clears, With my waterthingy rigged aboveground and purified water below ground, With a few family and friends. Like a vault. After that, prehaps search the prewar ruins of city's and maybe starting up a civilization of myself.

I would have to have a library of survival skills and techniques, also including trades skills and DIY manuals, so that I could make/fix stuff like boats and food catching devices.

Defiantly have a water purifier/catcher and a bunker to live in.

I would hit first fuel storage places. the gun stores second then the supermarkets for equipment not food. Lots of toilet roll as this would be worthwhile investment.

I would then head out of the populated areas and try to find a small airbase intact as this would make an ideal site to live, plenty of fencing open spaces to see people coming and shoot at them from the buildings, also CCTV which you could use if you've got diesel for the generators. I would let people come in and quarantine them for a week with no weapons for the first month to gain their trust. The biggest task would be fuel and equipment/ammo runs as with it being an airfield there is plenty of room to grow stuff. It would also be a good place as if there is any government left they would be using aircraft so they would land at places like where you are, also great place if there are intact aircraft for a quick evacuation. Airfields also have plenty of storage space to keep prying eyes from knowing what's there exactly, you could store transport in the hangers and the buildings would make good accommodation, plus there is the control tower with all the long range radio equipment if it's salvageable.

Edit: I would also have to salvage as many tools as possible.

Edited by phoenix777

Nice one guys. Pretty interesting i read it all D:

I'd make my own house out of almost anything, Or id live in a huge warehouse that maybe contained items and that had cartons.

I could build my bed that way and stuff like that. Water purifiers are quite hard to find but if i did find one i would defeneatly use it. Also id scavange a lot at day for items, Id grab anything that i find useful: Wrenches, Electronics, Weapons, Crowbars .. Anything.

Oh and a gasmask is necessary obviously. Food however would be hard to find but id visit malls And grab all the food i can and bring it to my home: Beans, Bread, Candy, Water, Cola. Cause who doesnt want a cold Coca Cola on a 35 Celsius warm day in the Nevada Desert? :D

Surviving a Apocalypse is not quite easy, Id get more idea IF I WAS in a apocalypse ... Obviously.

Edited by BloXboX

On a related note, anyone interested in seeing what the real thing might look like would do well to check out the BBC docudrama made in the 60's called 'The War Game'. Far, far better than 'The Day After' or any other film I've seen on the subject. Netflix has it. I watched it once and it was so realistic and chilling that I'm not sure I could watch it again. I mean, people getting caught outside in the blast, little kids getting blinded by the flash, radiation sickness. It is pretty stern and sobering stuff. Consider yourself warned. :nuke:

On a related note, anyone interested in seeing what the real thing might look like would do well to check out the BBC docudrama made in the 60's called 'The War Game'. Far, far better than 'The Day After' or any other film I've seen on the subject. Netflix has it. I watched it once and it was so realistic and chilling that I'm not sure I could watch it again. I mean, people getting caught outside in the blast, little kids getting blinded by the flash, radiation sickness. It is pretty stern and sobering stuff. Consider yourself warned. :nuke:

Watching it now.

Thanks ;)

I think I would survive for a while seeing as I live in the middle of nowhere in CA.

No place here to nuke, so I would only have to worry about fallout drifting over.

I can assure you though if I heard a massive nuclear war has started I would form a community and move to the mountains.

If you live close to a major city/military base, your screwed.

I'd make my own house out of almost anything, Or id live in a huge warehouse that maybe contained items and that had cartons.

I could build my bed that way and stuff like that. Water purifiers are quite hard to find but if i did find one i would defeneatly use it. Also id scavange a lot at day for items, Id grab anything that i find useful: Wrenches, Electronics, Weapons, Crowbars .. Anything.

Oh and a gasmask is necessary obviously. Food however would be hard to find but id visit malls And grab all the food i can and bring it to my home: Beans, Bread, Candy, Water, Cola. Cause who doesnt want a cold Coca Cola on a 35 Celsius warm day in the Nevada Desert? :D

Surviving a Apocalypse is not quite easy, Id get more idea IF I WAS in a apocalypse ... Obviously.

After seeing this ..

All i can say is holy f*** ... I dont even wanna think about a nuclear apocalypse in real life ...... ever

That was so disturbing or ... Hard to see whatever. Seriously the people suffered from high radiation burns and no civil protection. The civillians attacked a police convoy took their weapons and then killed the police officers. The criminals were later found.

Then lined up one by one by the police force and killed .. Oh well. Its worth watching i hope this never happens around me

After seeing this ..

All i can say is holy f*** ... I dont even wanna think about a nuclear apocalypse in real life ...... ever

That was so disturbing or ... Hard to see whatever. Seriously the people suffered from high radiation burns and no civil protection. The civillians attacked a police convoy took their weapons and then killed the police officers. The criminals were later found.

Then lined up one by one by the police force and killed .. Oh well. Its worth watching i hope this never happens around me

Seeing what...?

Actually, the docudrama you want to watch is the BBC one called "Threads".

It's the bleakest film ever made.