Ten rules to get a mod setup with a lot of workshop & crafting mods to work

wax2k

Hi, I am having a Homemaker issue with the food planters suddenly disappearing off my menu category. Food is there to place in dirt.

I started a relatively fresh game (deleted all game saves, but didn't reinstall game).

Everything seems to be in the menu except for food planters. its driving me nuts as I just built a greenhouse and want it to look neat with the planters.

I did install Working Food Planters but quickly uninstalled as it seemed to not play nice with Homemaker.

Fallout4.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Snap'n Build.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
SpringCleaning.esm=1
SC_ExpandedScrapList.esp=1
Simple Intersection.esp=1
AlternateSettlements.esp=1
OCDispenser.esp=1
OCDecorator.esp=1
Homemaker - Greenhouse and Bunker Disabler SK.esp=1
Homemaker - SK Integration Patch.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=1
Snap'n Build - Modules.esp=1
Snap'n Build - Patches.esp=1
Snap'n Build v1.6 SK patch.esp=1
BrighterSettlementLights.esp=1
Realistic Death Physics.esp=1
Dialogue Camera Sensitivity.esp=1
VatsOverThere_IncreasedVATSRange_AimIncrease.esp=1
CompRedo.esp=1
EasyHacking.esp=1
EasyLockpicking.esp=1
RadXBuff.esp=1
CarryWeight300.esp=1
CarryWeight100Strength.esp=1
JetPackDrain20.esp=1
PowerArmorDrain10.esp=1
GunNut5.esp=1
SniperDamage.esp=1
LoweredSprintAPDrain.esp=1
Increased Idiot Savant Proc.esp=1
Fast Travel from Interiors.esp=1
DarkerNightsDetection.esp=1
Depth of Field Removal.esp=1
DarkerNights.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-ClimateSettings.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-Performance-Fog.esp=1
PipBoyShadows.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
IncreasedSettlerPopulation50.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
RepairSanctuary.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
Caliber Conversion Kit.esp=1
MoreHuntingRifleReceivers.esp=1
M2216.esp=1
Eli Companion Overhaul.esp=1
MoreHairstyles4Female4.1.esp=1
DX Commonwealth Shorts.esp=1
ProperStoreAnimation.esp=1
DelivererNewReceiver.esp=1
Craftable Armor Size.esp=1
Electrical Gauss Rifle.esp=1
Crafting Workbench.esp=1
CombatRiflePlus.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Faction and Quest Requirements.esp=1
Extended weapon mods.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp=1
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp=1
CraftableGunsAndWeapons.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
AssaultAmmo30%.esp=1
LegendaryModification.esp=1
MoreWeaves.esp=1

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am having a Homemaker issue with the food planters suddenly disappearing off my menu category. Food is there to place in dirt.

I started a relatively fresh game (deleted all game saves, but didn't reinstall game).

Working Food Planters is made in xSnip. Please make sure you load a save from before you installed it. Also, did you follow the advice listed on this very post?

Hi, yes I followed the instructions although I am not an advanced user of modding, nor am I a beginner.

I am certain that Food Planters wasn't there, because I loaded the very first save when exiting Vault 111.

I'll keep trying to troubleshoot though.

Hi, yes I followed the instructions although I am not an advanced user of modding, nor am I a beginner.

I am certain that Food Planters wasn't there, because I loaded the very first save when exiting Vault 111.

I'll keep trying to troubleshoot though.

Did you try deleting the keyword sections in Homemaker.esm and Homemaker's SK patch?

@Sarinia: There's not the one right way or order to do that. Even with mods overwriting each others files, you can always choose to not allow a mod to overwrite a certain file. But you have to know, what they are for and which files you want to keep. There's not a general rule for that unfortunately.

I personally have done (or am doing) the same with the new patch, this time aiming for a more or less maxed out but working mod setup. Kind of a proof-of-concept. :wink:

I chose to start with retexture-only mods, since troubleshooting CTDs due to them would be more difficult later on (not that I ever had any). The next batch of mods was everything visual and environment related (like True Storms, Darker Nights, Lighting tweaks and so on). After making sure, they didn't introduce any immediate issues, I went for everything that is armor, weapon and crafting. Again checked, if everything was working as intended. Tweaked some textures, meshes and materials to my personal liking. And the last part was and is everything workshop and settlement related which is what I'm working on at the moment.

But the overall chronology doesn't matter that much. Just know what you want, know what your mods do and how they influence each other and know what to try and do when issues arise, and you're most probably good to go. And even without knowing you, just judging from what I read from you this time and last time, I am pretty confident, that you'll get it to work. And if not, you know where to look and how to ask. Something that unfortunately a lot of others can't honestly say about themselves. :wink:

Thanks for the extra information!

I just wanted to add that while I know you (wax2k), Ethreon, gambit77, and several other incredibly helpful people on the nexus have to keep repeating the same thing almost every day for new people, your patience and generousness in sharing your knowledge is incredibly helpful and greatly appreciated. You are all the true epitome of the phrase a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you.

Ok, so after reinstalling FO4 with a clean version, I carefully installed every mod, one by one.

After installing textures, visual mods, clothing, armor etc. I installed all settlement mods last.

It appears when installing OCDecorator v1.05, the Farming menu disappears and is now labelled Food. When uninstalling OCDecorator again, the Farming menu is back.

I installed OCDecorator as a framework version on FOMOD, is this not correct? Should I install it as Standalone?

I am using SK v0.8