Private forum for recognised mod authors

Dark0ne

Yeah, about that Ub3r - How's it coming along? :D

And while the competition runs, there is also a competition to create articles for the Nexus Wiki, with some prizes. I just wanted to throw it out here now, since it's been so little activity there. (And I suck at writing articles...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scusate,avrei bisogno di mod che modificano l'aspetto estetico del gioco(alberi,piante...)sono nuovo in questo forum quindi devo impratichirmi... :) rispondete please

Google translation:

Sorry, I need to mod that change the look of the game (trees, plants ...) I'm new in this forum so I have become familiar ... :) Please answer

First, This is an English site, forcing moderators to run your posts through a translator program will not make you popular. :rolleyes:

Then, we have forums covering several different games. What game are you talking about?

Then, posting a question in the wrong forum is a very good way to have it ignored. Please repost in the forum for the game you need help on, and find the proper fourm for that game. Then please create your own topic instead of just tagging it onto someone elses totally unrelated topic.

BTW: http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs046.gif

Bben46, Moderator

I'm sorry to keep chiming in on this one, but I feel I represent on some levels the largest faction in this community: non-modders/non-programmers who love the games and live for the mods the modders make. It seems to me that there might be two reasons to create this special forum area. The first is to protect the modders from annoying or hurtful comments. The second is to facilitate the modders' cooperation - cleaner threads that are easier for them to follow. Perhaps both are factors. Regarding the hurtful comments, I think that the most important thing for an artist is to grow a thick skin. Facilitating smooth communication however is a great idea. The problem is how to adjudicate membership in that community, and 1,000 unique DLs may not be the best way. LH says I won't miss anything, but my Spider-Sense is telling me that if there's a private forum for the best-of-the-best than the best-of-the-best conversations will take place there, and nowhere else. Ah, an idea: IF the idea is to prevent feedback from non-modders, perhaps the admins could arrange for the rest of us to subscribe to digests from this forum. Then I can read the coolness, and post in the public forum areas if I have an idea or suggestion I want to share. Thanks again for the great forums, the fun conversations, and everyone's hard work! And please save your strength ... Skyrim is coming and we need you!!!!

Yeah well, I've been down both roads. So I'll chime in in response to your comment. I've been a user the last few years, and happily used mods giving kudo's and support for what I've downloaded, that's the easy stuff. I've been a modder, and was well known back in the morrowind days. It's not that a lot of modders don't have thin skins, it's that people are assholes in general. And when they're not assholes, they're attacking you because you can't give them their my little pony moments. Most of us modders do this for enjoyment or simply because see something we can do, simply to do it. Or because something needs to be seriously fixed. In my own case, the original reason I stopped modding, bug fixing, and so on was because some stinking bastards stole my s***, claimed it as their own and I pulled everything, nuked my name, and went on my way. And there went 3 years worth of work for it because someone wanted to try jerking their epeen off my time and effort.

1000 unique downloads isn't hard, hell it's not even note worthy. Take a look at the 4 or 5 pieces of crap I kicked out. And they are indeed crap(and I may sometime get around to de-crapifying them). There's pushing 4k unique downloads between them, maybe more. Another thing is, if a forum is private, and we work on something, but people have read access they will PM the living piss out of you for everything. And to be honest I'm far too nice to say no to people on questions. I'm working on an oblivion project right now with two groups, the makeup is Japanese and US, Canuck and a smattering of english speaking Europeans. The japanese are highly protective of their workspace and posting areas(to the point of IP banning parts of their boards), the americans don't give a s*** as long as it gets done, the europeans jealously guard their animations, and scripts only relinquishing if told to and the canucks try to get everyone to play nice so it'll get done on time. It's like it's own mini hell, with brimstone and burnt maple syrup.

I really haven't looked around to see if anything is anything yet in this forum. But maybe the best idea will be to see if the modders themselves see if it's worthwhile, and if it is. They can vote on a 'thread of the week' to open to the public to read or something, and get input on. That way it limits the amount of crap, it sates the appetites, and it allows people to give their input too.

Edited by Mashiki

New modders should not fear that veterans will leave them behind.

I and many others still check out the general mod request and modding sections and try to help (though I am far more active on the Bethesda forums).

There is already a forum for the non modders to sound off with their opinions. The purpose of the modders forum is for the more technical content without 'Great mod' and 'Can you make it in green' And ' HELP!!!!! I Can't get this stupid mod to work!!!' Type comments that flood the forums. The authors forum does not prevent or stop those, it just allows the authors a place to discuss the kind of stuff that non authors find boring or incomprehensible without having to page down 3 times between relevant comments. :rolleyes:

If you really want to read posts about why the transparency on my alpha channel is not working properly on a WIP, or What is the definition of 'cannon' in relation to a particular skill used by a companion in development, or what source management tools are good for. you should learn to mod so you will at least have some idea what they are talking about. Then post your mod and hopefully you will soon have the 1000 downloads necessary. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Do I qualify to use the modder's forum? I do have 1790 unique DL's across my five files, but I don't see the link for the page.

Thank you

The 1000 unique downloads must be for one site. You can't have 600 on NVNexus and the rest on FO3Nexus, unfortunately.

Do I qualify to use the modder's forum? I do have 1790 unique DL's across my five files, but I don't see the link for the page.

Thank you

The 1000 unique downloads must be for one site. You can't have 600 on NVNexus and the rest on FO3Nexus, unfortunately.

dooooohhh

Thanks for your reply though

• 2 months later...

Q: as a morrowind modder, would it be alright if i was allowed to join this place? even though i don't use the nexus (other than having a bunch of old-old-old versions of my mods in a little complication, which has, so far only 284 DL's)

now, on PES.. each mods had about 100- 300 DLs, and on my own site i've gone waaaaay past the 600 mark. (cause i don't use PES after it's skyrim make-over)

so would i still count? or do i have to make a popular OB mod...? D: