Really good mod idea

thefoxisamsome

Someone who has far better modding experience than myself should make a blank holotape mod in which you can download terminal logs into holotapes and maybe holotapes onto computers so someone can collect all of those logs and put them on a computer in one of their settlements i do not know if this could be made in fallout 4 edit but when official tools come in someone should make it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be wrong but I think theyre going for more of a terminal or holotape that has all the holotapes stored on it.

A terminal with all the mini games on it would be pretty sweet imo, could even do a retexture of the console terminal to make it look like an old arcade machine :laugh:

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w409/SnowSharky/Untitled-3_zpsdbe0awvj.jpg

I think it would look better to have a room in one of my settlements with a bunch of arcade machines for each individual game as opposed to one for all of them. Then have settlers come in and play the games for quarters... ehhh... caps...

This may be todays random project haha.

The terminal(s) is easy, minus maybe the cap part lol. Really just need to make textures for each game to machine (something I hate doing).

Think there's 5 right?

Atomic Command, Red Menace, Pipfall, Grognak, and Zeta Invaders

Sounds like a fun project, would you like a hand with that? I don't mind doing textures. Let me know if you do and I'll give it a go.

If you want an example of my work, (here or here).

Yes plz lol!! Was going to do one for each game, and using a material swap between machines. Not sure what to use for most of them, Grognak would be awesome to incorporate some of the comic pics into haha.

Let me know what ya need, the terminals are about done :smile:

Edit: for quick reference, the textures being swapped are "textures\SetDressing\ComputerConsoleKit\ComputerConsole01_d.dds" and "textures\SetDressing\ComputerConsoleKit\ComputerConsolePanels01_d.dds"

There should also be a 'b' alt in the same folder thats white instead of the blue.

Edited by lilkandeekid

Great. Are you making any mesh changes or can I just use the standard mapping to the mesh?

I'll make a different texture for each game and then we can put it all together. I've been looking at retro arcade machines and trying to think up some designs for each of the games. I'll start working on it and see if I can come up with some rough drafts to show you.

No going to keep the mesh the same for now, kinda like it. Any changes I do make wont be hard to keep with any custom textures, it would be just smoothing out things.

Much thanks man, stoked to see how this goes, cant wait to have some arcade machines to waist time on playing a game in a game :laugh: