Well a lot of people were a little frustrated with Fallout 4 not having as much focus on dialogue and character. As much as I love this game, I do feel like I was missing out on some of these aspects. A well written machinima that made the story and character really come to life would probably help satisfy a lot of people and feel like it was filling a gap. I'll watch it if it's Fallout 4 whereas I probably wouldn't watch Fallout NV because that game feels complete to me now.

One counter-point though, you may find FO4 a challenge to work with at the moment, whereas NV is much better documented. However the GECK should be coming out soon and make it all much easier.

well, it's no longer Fallout, is it.

It became CoD, or Planetside 2, just single player.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it isn't for everyone, but what I wanna do is make the game feel more like a tv show. Voice over the main character and create episodic stories based on the in-game quests.

It sounds kinda like what Roosterteeth did with Red vs Blue, when they created voiced over series based on Halo characters models and maps.

Fallout 4 is much more visually pleasing. The upgraded engine can handle more objects and actors before it starts stuttering due to draw calls as long as you have good cpu. It's also based on Skyrim and once the creation hit launches in April we will see some Skyrim mod ports to Fallout 4. I think you would be mostly interested in the one allowing player to "possess" other npcs and turn them into actors.

I would definately pick Fallout 4 for video material due to the fact that the new Settlement build mode and some mods you can create enviroments without the need to dabble into creation kit.

I'd check to see which one has the mods you'll need to create the videos, animations, facial expressions etc.

I don't think FNV had any advanced mods like these. It might take some time for FO4 to get as many mods as Skyrim, but it's a safer bet since mod authors are just waiting for CK to release more complex mods. Having experience with modding Skyrim has huge benefits and will cut down the time authors need for implementing new features in FO4.

Also if he gets FO4 + Season Pass at reduced price before March 1st he will get a lot more content that can be used as movie material. Robot raids, mystery detective case in new zone, custom fighting pits featuring Deathclaws and Raiders.

There are not many locations in NV that can be reused without making enviroments repetetive and borring. I would consider NV only if he also got FO3 and converted it into NV dlc like addon with The Tale of Two Wastelands conversion project.

Fallout NV vs Fallout 4 (with high end ENB)

Fallout 4 Seasons mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIDsHVZICp4&feature=iv&src_vid=pKrUp5SAS_A&annotation_id=annotation_4194482711

Skyrim mods that might get imported to FO4 at some point:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36047/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10870/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69448/?

Thank you for all of the suggestions. For anyone curious about the type of show I am planning I want to create a hybrid of the series "Freeman's Mind" and the famed RT series mentioned by BlackRoseOfThorns.

I understand it isn't for everyone, but what I wanna do is make the game feel more like a tv show. Voice over the main character and create episodic stories based on the in-game quests.

It sounds kinda like what Roosterteeth did with Red vs Blue, when they created voiced over series based on Halo characters models and maps.

Fallout 4 is much more visually pleasing. The upgraded engine can handle more objects and actors before it starts stuttering due to draw calls as long as you have good cpu. It's also based on Skyrim and once the creation hit launches in April we will see some Skyrim mod ports to Fallout 4. I think you would be mostly interested in the one allowing player to "possess" other npcs and turn them into actors.

I would definately pick Fallout 4 for video material due to the fact that the new Settlement build mode and some mods you can create enviroments without the need to dabble into creation kit.

A show that is from the perspective of the main character, but having a lot of episodes revolving around other characters and creating more cinematic shots to tell the story.

I'd check to see which one has the mods you'll need to create the videos, animations, facial expressions etc.

I don't think FNV had any advanced mods like these. It might take some time for FO4 to get as many mods as Skyrim, but it's a safer bet since mod authors are just waiting for CK to release more complex mods. Having experience with modding Skyrim has huge benefits and will cut down the time authors need for implementing new features in FO4.

Also if he gets FO4 + Season Pass at reduced price before March 1st he will get a lot more content that can be used as movie material. Robot raids, mystery detective case in new zone, custom fighting pits featuring Deathclaws and Raiders.

There are not many locations in NV that can be reused without making enviroments repetetive and borring. I would consider NV only if he also got FO3 and converted it into NV dlc like addon with The Tale of Two Wastelands conversion project.

Fallout NV vs Fallout 4 (with high end ENB)

Fallout 4 Seasons mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIDsHVZICp4&feature=iv&src_vid=pKrUp5SAS_A&annotation_id=annotation_4194482711

Skyrim mods that might get imported to FO4 at some point:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36047/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10870/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69448/?

New Vegas has the tools to do it, in fact with tools like the Groovatron it's far easier, I've done videos/comics with both NV and Skyrim, NV is a pain but Skyrim had me ripping my hair out. If the OP wants to start now then FO3/NV is the place to start, if the OP is willing to wait then yeah FO4 purely because it's more popular, how popular it will be by the time it gets right tools is different matter. FO3/NV has another advantage, you can add/remove mods without worrying about breaking your game, keep adding and removing mods from Skyrim and see what happens, the game becomes unstable, Fallout 4 is likely to be the same.

Apples; oranges; pears. FONV is a significantly older game which has had most of its issues sorted out. FO4 is still a mewling newborn that has problems, but hasn't determined just what is causing this problem or that problem, so just starts crying. (CTDs for who-knows-why.) FONV is set in stone, aside from the occasional new mod. (Bethesda certainly isn't introducing changes at this late date.) FO4 is still in flux, with both Bethesda and modders constantly introducing changes. Everyone is anxiously waiting for the Creation Kit to be released, which WILL drastically accelerate the rate at which alterations and changes are introduced. In short, it's safe to present an analysis of FONV as it is NOW because that's unlikely to change. And analysis of FO4 will be obsolete faster than you can hit "Submit".

Edited by CaptainPatch

Apples; oranges; pears. FONV is a significantly older game which has had most of its issues sorted out. FO4 is still a mewling newborn that has problems, but hasn't determined just what is causing this problem or that problem, so just starts crying. (CTDs for who-knows-why.) FONV is set in stone, aside from the occasional new mod. (Bethesda certainly introducing changes at this late date.) FO4 is still in flux, with both Bethesda and modders constantly introducing changes. Everyone is anxiously waiting for the Creation Kit to be released, which WILL drastically accelerate the rate at which alterations and changes are introduced. In short, it's safe to present an analysis of FONV as it is NOW because that's unlikely to change. And analysis of FO4 will be obsolete faster than you can hit "Submit".

I had occasional CDT when playing NV with mods. The game runs out of memory pretty fast and the response time is not so great when you have ENB and some scripts running. FO4 with mods was stellar for me. I don't recall even single CDT and the only issue I had with bugged quest was resolved by exiting the building and pressing T to wait for 1 hour. Combat and animations are much more fluid and the game can actually utilize my hardware.

I don't think FNV had any advanced mods like these. It might take some time for FO4 to get as many mods as Skyrim, but it's a safer bet since mod authors are just waiting for CK to release more complex mods.

Maybe not everyone likes a post nuclear game?

It might just be that TES has a larger community due to a more neutral setting, could be wrong though....