The new design

DeepSoul

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg for the old design. Please bring the old design back. With this new design I cannot download files! I do not understand what's the purpose with this new design but it 99% sucks.

Extremely hard, very complicated...the nexus was my 1st best site in moddin'. If the actual new design will be kept, I'm sure many, many members will leave this community.

So I say again, we should start a petition askin' for the old design to be brought back.

I will be the first to sign the petition...

Come on guys, give it a chance.

Dark0ne won't change the site back, not unless there was a HUGE flaw in the design that left him no choice.

I have yet to get used to it, give it a few weeks and it will all be settled and you'll be over it :)

I prefer to old style this new one seems like one i saw in certain game sites years ago :(

new style of downloads is worse, i can't chose a server to download from, and the pop up to download uses the whole tab page instead of the old open-in-a-new-window (tried in ff5 and ie9), which -in my case- was easier when trying to download one mod that had LOTS of options or fixes

I also agree that the old design was better and easier to navigate but I had to say something positive about it. :P Maybe we could have a poll about it somewhere?

Can't say I'm a big fan of it myself. For starters, the main content is too narrow and center-oriented. The larger buttons are distracting and for me it's hard to stay focused on any main content on the screen.I'd prefer the older text buttons, or smaller ones at least. If the content were made smaller and not so obnoxiously large it'd have a much cleaner, neater feel and it would be much better to use.

Or just give us a theme style choice, I'd love that.

Edit: Now that I look it over again it looks as though it were made with Artisteer. Please, please tidy the new theme up.

Edited by Reiel

I like the design.It's fresh and new...BUT...I can't get to any of the tabs on mod pages.Files,images,comments,etc.When I click on them it stays on the description tab and refuses to move.

This was on the TES Nexus and I'm positive the problem will still be there for the others.I do understand that the change was finalized today and there is still work to be done,but I beseech you...

Please allow two sites for the nexus's so users can use the old ones until you fully sort everything out.

Edit:The problem stated above is only occuring on the TES Nexus.There is also another.The files,images,wiki,and forum bits are overlapping the AD below the site banner (the image with the trees).This only happens on the TES Nexus.Otherwise it's all lined up across the banner on the other sites.

Please excuse any flaws in my comment.

Edited by OniBrigade

On the new design I can't view comment(s) on files, can't download, very complicated...I don't like it at all...I agree that new fresh air is good, but this one it have more than 500+ Rad/s :X

I'd like to be able to choose themes as well, I want to get the widescreen format back if possible.

EDIT: for the time being I'm using the CTRL + Wheelmouse Zoom to stretch the screen to my liking, since my eyes are pretty bad it actually is much more readable now ;)

Edited by BigBodZod

2nd reply from me:

u cant see the categorie ur inin the old nexus i was knowing that something is part of the misc. folder and so on but now u see only the name of the mod but not the categorie, where the mod is sorted in

for me is it a problem, cuz i use the same folder structure like the nexus itself

and there is another thing, i think its nothing important but maybe its conneted with the new style

as mentioned in a reply before i use firefox, if i'm on the last site of a categorie i can scroll down to first page, the next page will ever loaded if i scroll down enough, so that the whole category is like a never ending page or call it on one big long page - now i have to go through them once

--------------------------

so all in all the style is good but the old one was looking better for me and had more features