⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The new design

DeepSoul

I spent over 5-6 hours tryin' to lear it and still no luck. This design is a 100% failure, the desing, the pop-up functions etc.

And i say again I can't view comments. I click on comments and nothing happens...

I will not give up my hopes...but...but

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I get when I click on comment(s)

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2923/screenshot001nte.th.jpg

I'd like a good explain, because I never encountered this kind of error on any site with IE8.

P.S. I use Vista x64

Well, it is an IE problem; I just checked, and the comments work fine on Seamonkey and Chrome. But, the won't appear in internet explorer, which I normally use. I'd like an explanation too.

Edited by danaw167

Files Tab : New Recently

Anything containing "Updated" would be more intuitive, I had to have a "guess I'll try this button" moment to see if it was for recently updated files.

Advanced Search

Oh there you are as a tiny text link hidden right at the bottom of the whole page, in the mass navigation panel (that conveniently retains the old site naming convention, I'd be lost without it).

My most used feature on the site, and the only way to actually search for files by any means other than their name. I don't know about you but searching for files happens more often when I don't already know the name of a mod I'm looking for, just what game feature I'm hoping for. Typically I search by mod description 99% of the time, less than 1% of the time do I search by mod name.

Why is it only available as a tiny link at the bottom of the page?

EDIT: Oh its in the files button too. I'm not a fan of drop down menus but I guess they take up less space.

Actual Mod Page

It would be far more convenient if the 'pop under' for each sections on_mouse_over revealed the "how many" details rather than the section's name. Instead you have a line of oblique icons with a number of 0's and other numbers beneath each. Its not till you hover over the icon that your guess as to its function is revealed... "Oh pictures!, right." Better to have the names under the icon, and mouse over reveals how many pictures, comments etc.

General

I'm sure image sizing will get handled somehow, on the front page. Currently it doesn't even try to resize to the frame, rendering most mod's images pointless, I can see the top of some guy's head right now, and some telephone polls.

Edited by Porkdish

Don't like the new design. Not because of colors or anything like that... but because the functionality of the site has been handicapped.

First, looking at the latest files pages, or browsing through files by category... instead of being able to see a thumbnail and title of 15 or so mods, all with a single glance on a single screen... I can now only see three of them before I have to start scrolling. Why would anyone ever think that replacing the old multiple rows and columns view with a single, long, single column view that shows far less at a glance is a good idea? That's poorly thought out, and inefficient for the user.

Second, a good website should stretch to fit the user's screen. Anyone with a high desktop resolution is going to get a cramped, narrow view of the website with a whole lot of wasted empty space. I'd say that I've got about 50% of my screen being filled with nothing but empty grey background, with all the content being squished into the middle of the screen. Was this designed for 13" monitors from the windows 95 era?

Third, moving all of the important links to the very bottom of the page makes them less accessible than when they were on the side. Instead, you've placed far less useful links on the side such as the top rated, most downloaded... and redundantly enough, on the latest files page, you've actually got more links to the exact same latest files, right next to it.

Fourth, you broke all the links to articles by moving them to the wiki page. If you wanted to call the button for that section, "wiki", just change the freaking button. Leave the directory structure intact, keep the urls where they are. You didn't have to break everyone's bookmarks/favorites/links to specific pages that they access often, not to mention that google is going to lead to a lot of 404 pages now.

Fifth, the tracking center. What the hell? Instead of a list of changes made, where you could see if multiple versions of files, patches and fixes, or entirely new versions had been added, or if someone had added a picture or changed information in the description... now we get one thing, the date of the last file upload. Quite a bit less useful than it was before.

Sixth, the downloader. What a mess. It's slow. Not the actual download speeds, but the way it behaves, and the way it locks up the page you're looking... or the rest of the tabs in the browser... while it does whatever it does before sending the file.

The Nexus sites used to be a pleasure to use. Everything was clean and efficient, links and features were placed logically. In an attempt to make things look pretty, you've gone and fixed what wasn't broken and made the site a chore to use. I may get used to it eventually, but I'll be gnashing my teeth and frustrated often by what you've done here.

Annnnnnnd another one for the unhappy user pile.

I'd be interested to see who else likes to browse a site by right-clicking a link and saying "open in new tab", then going through those tabs at their leisure. I can't even surf the net the way I want to anymore; thanks for joining the ranks of the Evil Ones with this design.

Me. Twice a day (at least) I would go to the comments tracking and open all new ones in a new tab and go through them one at a time. Now I cannot do that, so I probably wont be answering the comments sections from now on.

I'm angry! I think the new design sucks and I detest it being shoved down our throats like this. It sure isn't IE8 friendly at all. The overall consensus seems to be it's a failure as I knew it would be (and so did many others). I much prefered the earlier design, smoother scrolling and easier access to the files and site pages, better graphics, cleaner layout, nicer colors. Now it looks like an American Thanksgiving seasonal skin.( If you're a U of TN Volunteer fan, you'll feel right at home) YUCKIE!! The ads now take up half my screen when they appear, my screens jerk when I scroll and the images are grossly distorted. I was going to go premium, but I ain't paying a dime for this crap. It's broken now.Thanks for nothing Dark0ne! Switch us back PLEASE!! Edited by sorceress99

While I do not fully support the new sites (nor am I opposed to them), I do think that response was pretty harsh sorceress99. You must understand that these sites belong to Dark0ne and as such are his property to do with as he pleases within the law of the UK. He has no obligation to make these sites how its members want them. Sure, I would prefer it if the old sites were brought back, but ultimately that's Dark0ne's decision.

the only thing i would like to see is a change in font colour mainly on new vegas nexus, could you please change to black the contrast is too bright. Other wise the design looks ok, I would like to see the old icons for site brought back other wise it does its purpose

good work Dark0ne