Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so...what kind of advantages are there with this over bain? I note you say that it is incompatible with wrye bash, so i am very hesitant to use it, as all of my mods are carefully hand ordered, with a specific install sequence determined by bain and a bashed patch in place, a process that took many hours to perfect. Ive also never really used obmm for anything but mods that are omod only, so am wondering what additional features this offers on top of my current modding experience, besides the download option.

• 4 weeks later...

The only thing I changed on the setting's with my Skyrim setup was the Nexus Mod Manager setting to let it "stay logged on". I played 90 hours without more than a flicker of scenery. I downloaded and installed Nexus Mod Manager, downloaded two mod's with it using it as the downloading tool, the Enchanting table would not download completely, the enhancement download works fine.

After another 30 or so hour's with the enhancement mod I had four hour's of game play using saving set to auto when I walked out and I manually saved before I entered a new quest or cave I found. No trouble with the game. Yesterday I used the Download with Manager to try and get the enchantment table for Breezehome. It failed to completely download again. I undid the installation within Nexus MM and downloaded and installed it manually. I played no problem for another hour or two. Later last evening I decided to i put a tick in the Nexus Mod Managers check box to, Stay Logged in" and a few minutes later was back playing the game, and two or three minutes later video card blanked out and game halted. I suspect 2 thing's.

1. The Stay Logged in NexusMM is possibly conflicting with the Steam always logged in function.

2. I suspect the common problem that some other updating software links have is they check for new update simultaneously if they are not turned off or have a clock time setting that is different from the other update checkers for the customer to control, and aid in the crash of other software when they check in randomly.

EDIT If anyone read this there were 3 crash report's for Oblivion. Old record for last August 17th 2011 didn't get my attention until Skyrim caused the Windows 7 alert to report there were several flags.

Hope that information help's. I am uninstalling Nexus Mod Manager Beta for the time being to aid me in any way to verify if that the function, "Stay logged in" is a problem.

Also, for the record, Java Update checker has crashed my system several times. I have turned it off with Task Manager to confirm this while doing the same tasks.

As of eleven PM MST no crashes to report after one (1). I uninstalled NexusMM and after leaving the game in standby I ran an errand. when I came back and started to play it crashed when I chose fast travel. Restarted the game from a fresh computer reboot because I realized Steam had been started with NexusMM previously and I did not exit the game completely by exiting Steam. Since I restarted the computer, reset the 4GB RAM allowance, I had been strolling around for four hours and haven't had a crash doing the Slow and Steady travel on foot. Will try fast travel when I start a new game and see if it crashes,

12:34 PM MDT Yes it is actually 12:34 PM. I had my character fast travel from Whiterun to near Ivangard, put in the run mode and kept going up a mountain side to find Rift to take care of the quest there. After traveling for several minute's killing game as I was in the run mode I ran into a dragon ten minutes later I report, no crashes, not flicker's of screen, and two treasure hunter's fought the dragon along with Lydia and I but unfortunetly they did not like getting caught in my shout and died trying to kill me after the Dragon left for another spot. Caught up with the dragon and finished it alone with the help of two friendly guards at a post near a water fall. I am so excited about not have the game crashing again I just could not wait to edit my report. Oh! Another thing, my Chrome Google broswers was running and connected to this post I am writing the whole time I played. I really hope there is some other reason beside the fact I used the Stay Logged in with NexusMM installed that has caused the crashing. I really hope so, but I am losing doubt that is isn't.

Will test the game some more before the sun comes up so I have to go out and shovel snow or something other.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/smile.gif