Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

I really love the idea of informing of new versions, because when you have lots of mods installed it can be very hard to keep track of them all.

Also the option to mark mods as "essential" seems pretty good( if i had to reinstall may windows right now it would be so hard to find all of my mods that I probably would stop playing for a long time ).

As for the installer I'm not sure of how it would work, in oblivion i use OBMM but lately i find myself using Wrye Bash allot more. The omod's are without a doubt the best form of installing "complicated" mods but otherwise BAIN gives you a lot more options and also allows you to install any mod that doesn't have a script. In the end i don't see myself stop using BAIN but I would be very happy if I could start using just one installer ( it would be so much easier to keep my Data folder clean).

Keep the good work.

Edited by Gorge09

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Elmurel

The tool you are asking for does not exist. Every single install is unique and there is no way that a program could take into account abslutely everything out there and beable to order each and every different install correctly. The closest thing we have is BAIN, and so you're either going to have to overcome your irrational dislike of the tool or use it. As for simple guides, well, there's things out there such as fifty steps to a stable FCOM and the like.

The reality is though if you want a large working Oblivion mod install, YOU need to put in the effort, work out how the game and modding functions and be able to understand what you need to do with your install as a result using the avaiable tools to get things you run properly. There is no easy,

plug and play' method to get around it. Period.

@Gorge09; the problem is that those complicated mods aren't designed to be installed using BASH. Which sucks, so unfortunately we're stuck using OBMM because thats what they have been packaged to work with.

When I read this, my heart both leaped and sank. I have been developing a new installation framework for Wrye Bash that overcomes many of the shortcomings of the current framework, such as working with foreign language mods and the long wait times when mod libraries become large. Integration with TESNexus was in my planned feature list, and I was actually planning on approaching you once I had a workable demo. Perhaps, though, we could still find ways to work together and perhaps incorporate each other's improvements?

When I read this, my heart both leaped and sank. I have been developing a new installation framework for Wrye Bash that overcomes many of the shortcomings of the current framework, such as working with foreign language mods and the long wait times when mod libraries become large. Integration with TESNexus was in my planned feature list, and I was actually planning on approaching you once I had a workable demo. Perhaps, though, we could still find ways to work together and perhaps incorporate each other's improvements?

Absolutely. I'll PM you later on today and we can chat.

Absolutely. I'll PM you later on today and we can chat.

This is the best news I've seen in this thread. Now I'm excited.

Thank you all so very much for your dedication to the players and modders of Fallout. Your evolution of FOMM is inspiring in scope and benefit to us all. Would not know what to do without FOMM in its current version and so greatly anticipate the release of the Nexus Client. If you need any more beta testers, please consider me, an average user of mods.

Once again, thank you.

I'm sorry but; You sir just didn't quite read my post carrefully.

Actually I did, you just didn't read my response apparently. The installation order of most things makes no real difference, so you're fear of BAIN is unfounded. Right now, BAIN is the only utility for Oblivion with the proper logic to handle resource sharing overlaps. OBMM has zero intelligence in this area and will actually cause you more problems in the long run the larger your load order gets.