Nexus Mod Manager, the Nexus Client, entering closed BETA

Dark0ne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like he said...

This project of yours sounds cool.

i can see the nexus going entirely 3d next. Well except for the forums, hmm 3d forums ???

The most advanced site on the web, i say yes.

Edited by Thor.

So can I get a hint on when this will be released to the public? I'm in need of a reinstallation and if it won't take too long I'll wait with my reinstall until it's out

Gah yeah. I've been updating the main site every day, first thing I do when I wake up. Mosty because I suck at modding my game, I always manage to f*** it up.

Yeah, that's great and all and I'm looking foreward to blah blah, there's 125 other comments pick and choose a phrase from one of them.

I want to know what I'll be able to do offline. I have a good desktop that can run FO3 that is not connected to the internet and a bad desktop that can barely run unreal tournament (the original) that is connected to the internet. Usually I download a mod and put it on my flash drive, carry to the other computer and install the mod from my flash drive with FOMM. I believe that Client will be able to handle that based on the description, but will it able to do anything else offline or am I wasting my time?

Secondly, how much control do I have over these features? As previously mentioned I can only run my games offline, so could I install client to my flash drive and tell it to look for updates to mods that it has transferred to another client on the offline computer? This would be a good program concept to look into, it be a client supplement that is installed to a flash drive. When you start the program it checks to see If it has internet, if it does it asks if you want to update all you mods and such, then puts those updates into a storage folder. If it doesn't have internet it looks for Client and asks if you want to send those updates there, prompting to delete files from the flash drive after they have been processed.

The Nexus Client is somebodies genius brainchild that has come to life in this form. Precious few ideas like this ever actually come to exist and simply remain ideas, fermenting in the depths of a person's brain. There is such potential in a program like this that I can barely describe what could come of it. But nothing more that the What has been posted above will ever come of it if the client is simply put and then left. Keep those updates coming.

EDIT:

If it doesn't already have it you should put in a grouping system. What I mean by that is I could select a certain number of bsm or bsa files (such the large WMK series or the larger MMM series) and group them together so that the client will associate them with one another, or at least list them more compactly on the main screen. This would be very helpful for a large number of mods, as I have 43 total and FOMM is barely holding up (still, better than doing it manually *shudders*).

EDIT: EDIT:

Last edit, the client will automatically download and install mods. Here's the question, will the client automatically download and install the latest version of itself?

Edited by Xervir

• 2 weeks later...

My three wishes for the client is this;

~Sync's with the website, or works on the same database, so the client doesn't have to "update" to the website.

~Works offline; (Obviously not the downloading part) but you can use it even without the downloading/mod library part

~Supports Skyrim as soon as it can.

~Has the ability to use functions like BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) and script extenders, as well as graphics extenders.

@Marharth; I believe they said it will eventually support all games, but they will add the games one by one. So people speak of what order they will be added, which games take priority, etc.

Edited by Stormcrown