IDzer0

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi!

I have few ideas for the mod page(s).

Pull / merge requests:

As I have been browsing through many mods for Fallout 4 or Skyrim I noticed a tons of patches / fixes / retextures / etc. Such feature could consolidate them to a single page and display them as expandable lists in column view or in the same way as translations are being displayed currently.

More tags:

Please add more tags like Patch (or Patches), Retexture, etc. + possibility to tag mods by other users while searching instead of going to a specific mod page. Also if other users' tags visibility could be enabled it would be great. Like "Weapons - Melee [X]" where X is a number of users that tagged a specific mod with this tag. Authors could also block some tags, however if the tags are blocked, but totally relevant, users may report this.

Example: Try going to Fallout 4 / Mods / Weapons -> Refine results -> Tags must not include: "Weapons - Melee" -> APPLY FILTERS.

First thing I see (as of 1st of October 2021, 5pm CET) is Fire Axe (Fallout 76 Recreation) - Melee weapon mod.

A smart feature that will suggest tags wouldn't be bad either!

(In)Compatibility between mods - player/user based feedback (+ eventual logs):

A feature where players themselves could report (in)compatibility between some of the mods, allowing creators to review a neat data instead of browsing through posts/forums. Mod Managers can then detect this and warn users who are attempting to download a specific mod.

Repacks / Repacked in:

An expandable list that will show what was packed in a consolidated mod. Same for separate mods. Also the site might display a pop-up window that "A mod pack containing this mod is available. Please check <mod-name>".

Edited by IDzer0, 01 October 2021 - 03:24 PM.

Millenniad

Millenniad

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 2 posts

I think it would be awesome to have a modpack section for each game on the site.

A way it could work is by allowing users to add a mod to a modpack list, similar to creating a playlist on YouTube.
Each modpack would have a page that would display:
• Details from the pack maker about the modpack (such as load order or a showcase)

• A list of all the mods included in the pack (a user could click on an individual mod from this list to be taken to the mod's page on the site)

• A download link would be available for a user to download the contents of the modpack directly to Vortex

This would make my use of this site more frequent and efficient. Thank you for your time and consideration, and a huge thank you to everybody who contributes to nexusmods.

Edit: I just saw this about Collections. Very excited to see this feature making its way, sorry I didn't read the news before posting. Please disregard this post.

Edited by Millenniad, 10 October 2021 - 02:30 AM.

Ethreon

Ethreon

Hobo Feral

• Premium Member
  • 14,256 posts

"(In)Compatibility between mods - player/user based feedback (+ eventual logs):

A feature where players themselves could report (in)compatibility between some of the mods, allowing creators to review a neat data instead of browsing through posts/forums. Mod Managers can then detect this and warn users who are attempting to download a specific mod."

No thanks. Most of the times users have no idea what they're talking about, this would just lead to a huge load of misinformation.

LHeureBleue

LHeureBleue

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

I haven't been able to endose a mod I downloaded over 15 hours ago, the mod page doesn't register that I've downloaded it, nor does the mod show up in my download history. Another mod I downloaded did not have this problem though, so I've no idea what could be causing it. I used manual downloads for both mods.

It's this mod fwiw: https://www.nexusmod...tion/mods/57052

tinchek

tinchek

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

So where do we stand on "Mods updated since" instead of/added to "Mods published since" filter to help browse updated/still functional and compatible mods.

For instance setting a filter for "Mods Updated Since November 7th 2017" on the Skyrim Special Edition mod page to show me all mods published anytime but only those that have a Last Update time of November 7th 2017 or after, ensuring maximum compatibility and stability with the current version of Skyrim Special Edition.

FYI last update SSE was on November 7th 2017, as far as I know.

AlphaMason

AlphaMason

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I would like an option to be able to edit my username in the settings.  Also, how to a send feedback thru Vortex?  I'd like to be able to send some suggestions for Vortex.  For now though I just post it here.  I think we should be able to search for mods with Vortex from sites that have been integrated.  For example, I would like to be able to search the Nexus or Steam Workshop for mods with Vortex without having to use a "broswer."  You could make it so when your trying to search the Nexus for mods it would be in a list within Vortex much like when you enable and disable mods.  You could even add an option to download mods from steam workshop or other sites if available.  Worest case scenario for workshop mods is it could open steam or the workshop in a broswer.  Anyways, I'd love to see more support for games with steam workshops.  This way people could get workshop mods thru Vortex as long as they owned the game.

Edited by AlphaMason, 20 October 2021 - 01:31 PM.

Idolmir

Idolmir

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

I would like an option to be able to edit my username in the settings.  Also, how to a send feedback thru Vortex?  I'd like to be able to send some suggestions for Vortex.  For now though I just post it here.  I think we should be able to search for mods with Vortex from sites that have been integrated.  For example, I would like to be able to search the Nexus or Steam Workshop for mods with Vortex without having to use a "broswer."  You could make it so when your trying to search the Nexus for mods it would be in a list within Vortex much like when you enable and disable mods.  You could even add an option to download mods from steam workshop or other sites if available.  Worest case scenario for workshop mods is it could open steam or the workshop in a broswer.  Anyways, I'd love to see more support for games with steam workshops.  This way people could get workshop mods thru Vortex as long as they owned the game.

They would need to make their own browser for Vortex for that to work.

I too would love it if we could rename ourselves instead of wasting admins' time.

There is a Vortex extension to allow you to import Steam workshop mods https://www.nexusmod...m/site/mods/114

0rigamiPhoenix

0rigamiPhoenix

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

The "My Mods" shortcut is gone from the avatar dropdown-menu. This gave me a good scare where I couldn't find my Unpublished (i.e. yet-to-be-published) file because accessing "My Nexus Account" can seemingly only be done through clicking "Site preferences" through the avatar dropdown-menu or "My Mods" through the Mods dropdown-menu.

Solutions to this, in order of arguable optimality:

1. Making the My Nexus Account page the default when clicking "My profile" through the avatar dropdown-menu. You can already access your public-facing user page and forum profile from there, so it's only more convenient.
  2. The return of the "My Mods" shortcut.
  3. A way to access the "My Files" tab in My Nexus Account page from "User Files" in my user page.

igor4084

igor4084

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi. Not sure if it is a right place to ask my question. I just went to Amorous Adventures topic on tis forum and found a sign that I can't reply to this topic. Why is that and how can I fix it? Thanks..

DrakeTheDragon

DrakeTheDragon

Resident poster

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,154 posts

The "My Mods" shortcut is gone from the avatar dropdown-menu. This gave me a good scare where I couldn't find my Unpublished (i.e. yet-to-be-published) file because accessing "My Nexus Account" can seemingly only be done through clicking "Site preferences" through the avatar dropdown-menu or "My Mods" through the Mods dropdown-menu.

Solutions to this, in order of arguable optimality:

1. Making the My Nexus Account page the default when clicking "My profile" through the avatar dropdown-menu. You can already access your public-facing user page and forum profile from there, so it's only more convenient.
  2. The return of the "My Mods" shortcut.
  3. A way to access the "My Files" tab in My Nexus Account page from "User Files" in my user page.

First off, the "My Mods" entry in the avatar drop-down is not gone for good. It was not removed.

But if you happen to run into it missing again, you can just as well click the "Mods" drop-down on the top and then the "My Mods >" link, which will lead you to exactly the same place.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.228 seconds