Colleenfrances

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, i stumbled across this and couldnt find a Solution but i found it in reddit.

Disable your Antivirus bevore install and reactivate it afterwards ofc. Run the NMM in Admin and it should work.

Greetings P4ssive

This just started up for me as well maybe an hour ago, couldn't update anything or reinstall anything.

I decided to go with the 2nd option of checking my virus protectors & sure enough somewhere along the way I downloaded a bloat-ware virus scanner. I removed it, restarted my computer & voila, NMO worked like a charm. No need to mess with files!

Moral of the story: check for false virus protectors that could be interfering or temporarily disable yours until you are done with your mods. Thanks P4ssive!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys! got the same problem: can't install Armorsmith Extended: The path to "C\Progam Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\meshes\Armor\hazmatsuit" is denied. I try to run NMM as admin, i try to desactivate anti-virus.... it's just don't work.

But i got a question about that:

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

I found the info.xml but what am i supoposed to do?? I try to create an empty folder named info.xml but windows want it to replace the original file so i didn't validate cause i don't want to delet an important stuff. Does anyone got an idea??

Try running NMM as administrator. For some reason it doesn't have permissions to access the file.

Tried that and didn't work. Also made sure I was logged in. Also weird since I don't think the files I tried to install have fmod info files in them.

How exactly do I do that? I'm pretty new to everything PC related in general

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

OH MY GOD IT WORKED

Thank you so so much!

I'm not really sure how to do that could you please explain the steps to me?

• 1 month later...

Try running NMM as administrator. For some reason it doesn't have permissions to access the file.

Tried that and didn't work. Also made sure I was logged in. Also weird since I don't think the files I tried to install have fmod info files in them.

Where tf is the original location?

• 2 weeks later...