NMM "A problem occurred during install"

Colleenfrances

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

So where exactly is it the info.xml file was supposed to be?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i stumbled across this and couldnt find a Solution but i found it in reddit.

Disable your Antivirus bevore install and reactivate it afterwards ofc. Run the NMM in Admin and it should work.

Greetings P4ssive

This worked for me thanks

• 1 month later...

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

I never had any problem installing mods until today's v0.65.0 NMM update

For some reason I can no longer install AWKCR (which I had installed yesterday just fine but I had to reinstall it due to mod conflicts)

I tried running NMM as admin

I tried disabling my antivirues

I tried replacing the info.xml file with a blank info.xml file but to no avail

Anyone have an idea on what I should do or is this a bug that came with the recent update?

I never had any problem installing mods until today's v0.65.0 NMM update

For some reason I can no longer install AWKCR (which I had installed yesterday just fine but I had to reinstall it due to mod conflicts)

I tried running NMM as admin

I tried disabling my antivirues

I tried replacing the info.xml file with a blank info.xml file but to no avail

Anyone have an idea on what I should do or is this a bug that came with the recent update?

The same thing is happening to me.

A month ago i could install most mods without a problem, but now as soon as i try to activate AWKCR and a few weapon mods it immediately says "a problem occured during install"

I got that message last month 2 or 3 times as well but then i always seemed to make it work by restarting the mod manager. Now though, nothing seem to work

Im desperate for a fix here...

Edit: Maybe not a surprise but i realized that the mods that can't be the installed are the ones who has one of those install menus with optional choices.

Edited by Jegarax0

A common cause for needing to run NMM as administrator is Fallout 4 being installed in Program Files.

While this might be a big PITA, I recommend that those of you having persistent mod installation issues reinstall the game outside of Program Files. Steam will let you do this and will create a SteamLibrary folder in the new location of your choice. For example, I have a separate partition for games, so my SteamLibrary folder - and all of my Steam games - are in D:\SteamLibrary. You don't need a separate partition, though - just install outside of Program Files. Steam itself can be installed into its default location.

This is not guaranteed to solve the issue - note the need to disable/configure antivirus while installing mods - but as someone who has modded Bethesda games for a while now, I've adopted this as standard practice, and I never need to run anything as administrator. Hopefully, it will lessen the number of hoops you have to jump through.

Also, the latest NMM version has a fix for xml files not working. You might have to download and manually install over your existing NMM. I noticed that the built-in updater in my NMM did not detect that there was in fact a new version.

Edited by audiodef

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've tried the suggested changes, am using NMM 0.65.2, and am still having this pop up:

A World Of Pain - A World Of Pain v5.4 // A problem occurred during install:
The root element of a W3C XML Schema should be <schema> and its namespace should be 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'.
The mod was not installed. // Install //

It's the same message for ~7 or 8 mods.

Any suggestions?

PS For any of you still looking for the xml files, go to your mod folder --> Open the mod in question --> Open the fomod folder --> THERE IT IS!

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've tried the suggested changes, am using NMM 0.65.2, and am still having this pop up:

A World Of Pain - A World Of Pain v5.4 // A problem occurred during install:

The root element of a W3C XML Schema should be <schema> and its namespace should be 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema'.

The mod was not installed. // Install //

It's the same message for ~7 or 8 mods.

Any suggestions?

PS For any of you still looking for the xml files, go to your mod folder --> Open the mod in question --> Open the fomod folder --> THERE IT IS!

Having the same issue with New Vegas. Never had any problems with installing mods before but with 0.65.2 nothing seems to be working and its getting really annoying.

Get the latest NMM update from GitHUB where the NMM developers are working since NMM is no longer supported by The Nexus. All NMM versions prior to v0.65.3 had an xml code error that, among other things, prevents you from swapping plug-ins in NMM's plugins tab when an esl is loaded above an esm.

Latest NMM version to date is 0.65.5.