NMM "A problem occurred during install"

Colleenfrances

Get the latest NMM update from GitHUB where the NMM developers are working since NMM is no longer supported by The Nexus. All NMM versions prior to v0.65.3 had an xml code error that, among other things, prevents you from swapping plug-ins in NMM's plugins tab when an esl is loaded above an esm.

Latest NMM version to date is 0.65.5.

Thank you very much for the quick help man, you are awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the latest NMM update from GitHUB where the NMM developers are working since NMM is no longer supported by The Nexus. All NMM versions prior to v0.65.3 had an xml code error that, among other things, prevents you from swapping plug-ins in NMM's plugins tab when an esl is loaded above an esm.

Thank you so much! This fixed the problem!

Jeez, I've been gone for quite some time. Why don't they support it anymore? Isn't it literally called the Nexus Mod Manager...?

Jeez, I've been gone for quite some time. Why don't they support it anymore? Isn't it literally called the Nexus Mod Manager...?

There's a new mod manager under development called Vortex. It's a combination of NMM and MO2. The former is still being updated by the same folk who worked on it before, MO2 on the other hand will no longer get updates as it is the MO2 dev who's full-time on Vortex now.

Vortex has been released in alpha somewhere in February for general bug fixing. A beta is expected in weeks or months, depending on progress. I suspect the latter. Vortex also has its own fora here on The Nexus.

The issue might related to the file size. For example, the mod "Leyenda Skin" (Skyrim SE) is only ~800mb in 7z file, but it is actually 8gb when extrated. My solution is to extract this 7z file, then re-compressed it via Winrar. It worked perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh man so I know there have been a lot of these thank yous but seriously, Thank You. I just checked and yep nexus.com still displays 65.2 as the current version so I didn't even think to check for an update which was...incredibly stupid on my part but...eh...maybe the nexus should update their button. But still... I was beating my head against the wall with nothing working right (I'm finally getting around to a ttw run) and being really confused because you know usually NMM is beyond excellent. After updating to 65.6 it is again. Thank you so so much for cluing me in with your post.

• 3 weeks later...

I found a solution - tho it likely has drawbacks - especially if there is anything crucial that needs to be stored there. after attempting an install and failing due to not being able to access the info.xml, go to the location where the info.xml file was supposed to be ... make a new folder and name it info.xml ... and attempt the install again. to my suprise it worked... no drawbacks as of yet, and the mod is working fine ... for now at least. ^_^ It's a quick "fix" till we find out how to do it right. lol

when I do it open it in chrome and I cant change the default opener to file explorer so i cant make a new folder

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, f*** nmm, use vortex. All problems solved.

With NMM, i had up to 2 issues, but so many before that took me a lot of time to get around.

With vortext, download manually, drop, install with the vortex's program. Easy.

I'm still using nmm because i'm too lazy to re-install all of my mods 1 by 1, but for any new mods, i'm using vortex.

If i must re-install any mods for any reason, i'm transfering them to vortex.

Edited by stackofbeef

Worked for me, Thanks