Is there anything similar to "don't call me settler"?

cossayos

Well, NW nuked a lot of things for many of us. But, so far, after manual install, it seems to be working fine. Well, the version that I have is working. Not sure if it was indeed the last one uploaded.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two different people just said it didn't break right away, it took time. You just installed it a number of hours ago and insist it works perfectly. Is your need to be right, your insistence that multiple people, including the mod author, are simply imagining problems really so strong that you are willing to risk breaking your own game trying to prove everyone else wrong? I'm curious to see how that works out for you.

Two different people just said it didn't break right away, it took time. You just installed it a number of hours ago and insist it works perfectly. Is your need to be right, your insistence that multiple people, including the mod author, are simply imagining problems really so strong that you are willing to risk breaking your own game trying to prove everyone else wrong? I'm curious to see how that works out for you.

Now you want to ACTUALLY become argumentative. Nice. Ok. Maybe the mod author took it down, because they were tired of sniveling lil wretches. Or maybe, like me, they took it down, because some mod authors are allowed to upload things that don't belong to them, but, then threaten to ban others for uploading a mod that was completely abandoned by the original mod author and given to another, who then gave it to another. So, yeah. THAT is why most of my mods are now gone.

Anyway, I truly don't give a flying jiz ball whether I'm right or wrong. Nor do I care if the game breaks. Nothing a reinstall can't cure. It's a damn game. What works for some, may not work for others. So, still feel like arguing?

I don't know. For me it always was a dream come true. Providing everything the vanilla game should have provided in the first place. I had the bug of not being able to assign settlers, but rerolling to a previous save fixed that just fine. Nuka World did nothing to change that. The patches, since I'm on steam, didn't break it either.

I just hope it comes back. I'm not the least bit interested in micromanaging my settlers and chasing them around till I find who's employed and who isn't. It also added to the immersion since it was giving them all names. And don't get me started on the attack alarm system of the vanilla game, which better Settlers also took care of. Apart from having all my roads littered with unremovable corpses after an attack.

Edited by cossayos

Just move on. Some need to be right, and only when they hit their head they learn.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've had absolutely no problems with DCMS, despite having up to 30 highly developed and heavily populated settlements in my last play-through, which ended a few days ago. That said, although I have Nuka World installed, I haven't yet explored it (or Far Harbor for that matter), so maybe that's what sparred me from the bugs others have been having? I know there was a lot of pain on the comments page before a1a3a6a9 took the mod down.

From experience, I've found that two mods always work best if they are very near the bottom of your load order - DCMS and Unlimited Companion Framework (another mod that people claim is problematic but which has always worked fine for me).

There are a few new mods/updates I am waiting for before I start another play-through. I'll hold off until Xmas, but if the updated DCMS isn't available by then, I'll probably just start with my back-up copy. Seriously, it's an indispensable mod - at the very least, this is what Beth's settlement management should have been like in the base game.

There are a few new mods/updates I am waiting for before I start another play-through. I'll hold off until Xmas, but if the updated DCMS isn't available by then, I'll probably just start with my back-up copy. Seriously, it's an indispensable mod - at the very least, this is what Beth's settlement management should have been like in the base game.

I wish I had a backup. I even ran file recovery programms to see if there's anything left of it somewhere.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've had absolutely no problems with DCMS, despite having up to 30 highly developed and heavily populated settlements in my last play-through, which ended a few days ago. That said, although I have Nuka World installed, I haven't yet explored it (or Far Harbor for that matter), so maybe that's what sparred me from the bugs others have been having? I know there was a lot of pain on the comments page before a1a3a6a9 took the mod down.

From experience, I've found that two mods always work best if they are very near the bottom of your load order - DCMS and Unlimited Companion Framework (another mod that people claim is problematic but which has always worked fine for me).

It's good to know that I'm not the only one. I keep DCMS at the bottom and still haven't had any issues. But, because of my opinion, I got attacked.

I wish I had a backup. I even ran file recovery programms to see if there's anything left of it somewhere.

Yep, I've learnt the hard way. Several great mods have been taken down. Some like DCMS will hopefully be back very soon (and even better than before), others like skibadaa's weapons mods are being upgraded and re-released as we speak, and some, like Enhanced Vanilla Bodies, have disappeared without explanation and are gone forever.

I know it's a little off topic, but I wonder how paid modding - if and when it returns - will handle this kind of situation. Modders should have the freedom to remove their mods as and when they want. However, once users start paying for mods, surely there's an unspoken client-service provider contract in place? Things could get messy, unless Bethesda gets its head around these sorts of things.