⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Is there anything similar to "don't call me settler"?

cossayos

I just realized that the DCmS mod was hidden. I've haven't had any problems with it yet and I'm hoping none come up. I really don't want to have to restart again and this mod is essential.

As I've repeatedly said, it never caused any issues with my game. Which is more than I can say about other mods. I make it my business to never blame any mod creator, since there are people being ble to use it. I'm now running an older version. The only one I was able to find. Again, no issues.

If people don't take care of their mods, their mods don't take care of them. Best guess is, the guys having had issues had some conflicting mods running. Common sense of what's supposed to work or not work with certain conficgurations sometimes is an alien term.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized that the DCmS mod was hidden. I've haven't had any problems with it yet and I'm hoping none come up. I really don't want to have to restart again and this mod is essential.

As I've repeatedly said, it never caused any issues with my game. Which is more than I can say about other mods. I make it my business to never blame any mod creator, since there are people being ble to use it. I'm now running an older version. The only one I was able to find. Again, no issues.

If people don't take care of their mods, their mods don't take care of them. Best guess is, the guys having had issues had some conflicting mods running. Common sense of what's supposed to work or not work with certain conficgurations sometimes is an alien term.

It doesn't matter how many times we say that the mod is not broken, there are too many snivelers who say that there is. We are just wasting our breath on this.

It doesn't matter how many times we say that the mod is not broken, there are too many snivelers who say that there is. We are just wasting our breath on this.

You know, their issues may be down to something as simple as some other alert system,. Which is included in DCMS. Running two at the same time is but one reason for conflict. Another one may be something fiddling with settlers, apart from better settlers which should be OK.

3 weeks and not a single word from the author. Damn, that's cold.

At this point i am willing to go to chinese websites and download older builds.

And i think it really shows bethesda's lack of willingness/competence/time, that ONE mod could become so important.

Fo4 is a parade of "almost". urgh

And please, Dcms author, please, just a word so we know that you are alive and well?

Fo4 is a parade of "almost". urgh

I think this sums it up pretty well. I just started a new playthrough, and yes, I'm really enjoying it. It's a very good game, I won't claim otherwise. BUT there's also this sense of a missed opportunity. There are so many times where I find myself thinking, "What a great idea, but if only they had implemented it differently, or if only they had approached this with a little more imagination or put a little more thought into it." Even with DCMS, the settlement side of the game is far from perfect. Yet the very fact that DCMS has become so key to many of us shows how far short Beth fell in some of these areas. Thing is, Beth has no real excuse. It's not like they're banging out a Fallout game every year. They've had years to get this game right. That one lone modder can come along and vastly improve their settlement system is a little embarrassing.

As for the continued disappearance of DCMS, and more importantly the lack of word from a1a3a6a9, I'm not particularly confident we'll be seeing the return of DCMS any time soon, if at all. So if you have an old copy, better make a backup copy. :wink:

3 weeks and not a single word from the author. Damn, that's cold.

At this point i am willing to go to chinese websites and download older builds.

I downloaded an older build from some website. Doesn't feature one of the most desirable gimmicks this mod had to offer. Using the R key to trade with settlers. Not having it just gives one another reason for craving this mod coming back up. It's a pain to go through minutes and minutes of repeated dialogues just to be able to trade or barter with vault tech or any other named NPC.

And it's down for more than 3 weeks. I only noticed it to be down, since I had to wipe my disk and lost all mods in the process. But we're not the only ones wanting it back. It's also discussed on other boards.

I'm really pissed at people blaming their problems on this particular mod instead of just looking at their own configurations and load orders.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't DCMS also the first major mod that implemented immersive in-game holotapes to tweak the commands? Reason I ask is because I just started a new play-through with new mods, and suddenly I have a dozen of these useful holotapes. In fact, I think pretty much every heavily scripted mod now has one, which is a good thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't DCMS also the first major mod that implemented immersive in-game holotapes to tweak the commands? Reason I ask is because I just started a new play-through with new mods, and suddenly I have a dozen of these useful holotapes. In fact, I think pretty much every heavily scripted mod now has one, which is a good thing.

Yes, it was. There is a Russian and German version still up.

Edited by rayhne

Yes, it was. There is a Russian and German version still up.

They're useless if you haven't got the main file. They're only updates.