[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

pls release standalone m16m203))))

Please see the FAQ in the second post.

Just he first had to lay out the mozh with the declared list of weapons, rather than adding new ones and delaying the work, he simply spat at all who are waiting for the mod

I'm having a little trouble understanding you, but it sounds like you're misinterpreting what the goal has always been for WARS, right from the beginning. I think the only significant addition to the list of planned weapons (for the initial release) since I first posted the WIP thread is the Mossberg 590 - and the only reason it wasn't there to begin with is either because I forgot to mention it or I wasn't sure at the time if it would be suitable given the animation requirements for a pump-action shotgun. It's been in the cards for a long time, though.

If anything I've cut down on the weapons I'm planning to include in the initial release of WARS. "Planning" is an important word there; plans do change during development. WARS has always been pitched as an overhaul though; there's more to it than a single new weapon, or even several new weapons.

Also - at the risk of stating the obvious - hostility isn't going to get you what you want.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwahaha some folks are just plain impatient and like the sensible person you are...you are reasonable with your reply. I applaud you sir!

I'm glad the mod is going well. Keep on keeping on buddy

pls release standalone m16m203))))

Please see the FAQ in the second post.

Just he first had to lay out the mozh with the declared list of weapons, rather than adding new ones and delaying the work, he simply spat at all who are waiting for the mod

I'm having a little trouble understanding you, but it sounds like you're misinterpreting what the goal has always been for WARS, right from the beginning. I think the only significant addition to the list of planned weapons (for the initial release) since I first posted the WIP thread is the Mossberg 590 - and the only reason it wasn't there to begin with is either because I forgot to mention it or I wasn't sure at the time if it would be suitable given the animation requirements for a pump-action shotgun. It's been in the cards for a long time, though.

If anything I've cut down on the weapons I'm planning to include in the initial release of WARS. "Planning" is an important word there; plans do change during development. WARS has always been pitched as an overhaul though; there's more to it than a single new weapon, or even several new weapons.

Also - at the risk of stating the obvious - hostility isn't going to get you what you want.

I apologize for the hostility, a little advice, Mosberg does not really fit, the more suitable is the 870 remington, it is more common in the civilian market, and in the army, it has a very wide range of modifications, ranging from the attached store to 3-7 cartridges, ending with remaking the stock under the army adjustable, and adding a pistol grip, and increasing the standard tubular magazine from 5 to 9 cartridges.Just want to ask, do you judge from the video to the M203 several types of ammunition? Are there shrapnel that are actually listed in the nomenclature?

P.S.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Russian, and I'm writing solely on the basis of an interpreter and my knowledge

Edited by Wesseriy

As a general update: I'm in the middle of doing the bakes for the Mossberg 590. Most of it baked without problems, but a few parts need some adjustments. Less than were needed for the USAS-12 though, I think - so I should be starting on the texturing pretty soon.

I apologize for the hostility, a little advice, Mosberg does not really fit, the more suitable is the 870 remington, it is more common in the civilian market, and in the army, it has a very wide range of modifications, ranging from the attached store to 3-7 cartridges, ending with remaking the stock under the army adjustable, and adding a pistol grip, and increasing the standard tubular magazine from 5 to 9 cartridges.Just want to ask, do you judge from the video to the M203 several types of ammunition? Are there shrapnel that are actually listed in the nomenclature?

P.S.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm Russian, and I'm writing solely on the basis of an interpreter and my knowledge

A Remington M870 is what I originally wanted for the pump-action shotgun, but I couldn't find a decent resource to work from. I went with a Mossberg 590 instead because they're also quite common and I could find a decent resource for it. In the end I had to change so much of it that in hindsight I probably could have just modelled an M870 from scratch in a similar amount of time... but it's too late now, and I'm happy with the Mossberg 590 anyway. It has plenty of scope for the weapon mods I want it to have.

In my video showing the M203 in action, you can see me switching between different ammo types for the launcher. That was using Loads of Ammo, though I'm planning to switch to AmmoTweaks before release. In any case, I'll have several 40mm ammo types to switch between, yes. I'm not sure what you mean there by "shrapnel", but if you're talking about fragmentation rounds (as opposed to high-explosive rounds), then I'd like to, but we'll have to see if I can work it out.

As a general update: I'm in the middle of doing the bakes for the Mossberg 590. Most of it baked without problems, but a few parts need some adjustments. Less than were needed for the USAS-12 though, I think - so I should be starting on the texturing pretty soon.

P.S.

A Remington M870 is what I originally wanted for the pump-action shotgun, but I couldn't find a decent resource to work from. I went with a Mossberg 590 instead because they're also quite common and I could find a decent resource for it. In the end I had to change so much of it that in hindsight I probably could have just modelled an M870 from scratch in a similar amount of time... but it's too late now, and I'm happy with the Mossberg 590 anyway. It has plenty of scope for the weapon mods I want it to have.

In my video showing the M203 in action, you can see me switching between different ammo types for the launcher. That was using Loads of Ammo, though I'm planning to switch to AmmoTweaks before release. In any case, I'll have several 40mm ammo types to switch between, yes. I'm not sure what you mean there by "shrapnel", but if you're talking about fragmentation rounds (as opposed to high-explosive rounds), then I'd like to, but we'll have to see if I can work it out.

shrapnel - buckshot

By the way, have you heard about xm148 for M16A1?tumblr_m1zpvdcmuz1rouo3yo1_500.jpge42b93e1938441cb154169024d7055da.jpghttp://68.media.tumblr.com/ba2227c7f59008237589d9ea9f844300/tumblr_mwp98a6ORb1qivon6o1_1280.jpgthis a serial grenade launcher 40x46mm Was used in Vietnam after the appearance of M203, and uses his ammo

Edited by Wesseriy

No, I hadn't heard of the XM148 launcher before; that's interesting.

I've given some thought to having huge 40mm buckshot rounds, yes. ;) Although... I seem to recall seeing that real-world 40mm buckshot rounds have more or less just a normal 12 gauge shell inside them, rather than actually being like a shotgun shell, but bigger.

Since this is for a computer game I might be inclined to just have it be like a shotgun shell - but bigger - no matter what, but if anyone happens to know more about this, I'd be interested to hear it.

No, I hadn't heard of the XM148 launcher before; that's interesting.

I've given some thought to having huge 40mm buckshot rounds, yes. :wink: Although... I seem to recall seeing that real-world 40mm buckshot rounds have more or less just a normal 12 gauge shell inside them, rather than actually being like a shotgun shell, but bigger.

Since this is for a computer game I might be inclined to just have it be like a shotgun shell - but bigger - no matter what, but if anyone happens to know more about this, I'd be interested to hear it.

I can search, I take a great interest in it, I can find different interesting things for М203 =)

Current US Army 40mm buckshot nades usually have 24 pellets, max range is out to 30-40 metres. Pellets spread out in a 1.5m circle at 40 metres.

You're pretty much on the ball in regards to the design of the round - you've got the pellets in a little cup thingy nested inside a sabot.

I suppose if you wanted to balance out its high pellet count you could add a hidden armour reduction/DT bypass effect.

Edited by Bottletopman

Current US Army 40mm buckshot nades usually have 24 pellets, max range is out to 30-40 metres. Pellets spread out in a 1.5m circle at 40 metres.

You're pretty much on the ball in regards to the design of the round - you've got the pellets in a little cup thingy nested inside a sabot.

http://www.freewebs.com/grog/ASA%20page_files/image020.jpg1393198385482.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/1564ysi.jpghttp://www.marklsupply.com/assets/images/CTS_40mm_MultiProjectile_V1.jpg