[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

behippo

Sorry, this isn't intended to be an April Fools joke or something like that.

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

Again, sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Hey thanks for giving an update. Much appreciation for what u guys are doing. I don't mind u needing more time, the not knowing was what was really killing me ha. Please take as long as is necessary.

Thanks again (:

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ianpatt - Thank you for the update. Since I am unsure what those classes are or how they fit into the project are there any things that members of the community could help with? It sounds like (and I may be incorrect) that you need to verify that the classes have not changed going from 32 to 64 bit Skyrim. If anyone could help is this a possibility? Even something such as number crunching to alleviate some of the load. Simply a suggestion. Thank you again for the update. I look forward to this.

You would think the respective employers of Patterson and Abel would have someone in a high position (say an Executive VP) with a teenage son who was a Skyrim afficianado.

"Dad (or mom) PLEEEEEEEEASE give Abel a paid week off from work so he can finish SKSE64!"

I'm glad to hear something. Obviously, RL, family, work MUST come first - I was thinking that probably y'all had just a few hours a week if that to work on this project, and lord knows it's hard to even squeeze that out.

No one's going to die if this doesn't happen tomorrow. Personally, I'm still using "oldrim" - because it's stable, and all my mods are there. I've got the graphics tuned to my taste, and don't have any issues at all. Sure it's not 64bit. But that's not giving me heartburn....

I will be happy to test when you need testers.

Oldrim is far from stable, just saying. Nowhere near as stable as the Special Edition.

But yeah, Ian, take care of your IRL stuff first. :) We all have faith in you guys, and the wait on our end will be worth it.

I don't really have any good news. A large amount of the core code (papyrus support, scaleform support, etc) is ready, but the layout of most of the game data classes still needs to be verified as unchanged from the 32-bit version.

I haven't had any time to work on this for the past few months due to work, and I assume the same is true for Stephen. Making time estimates for full-time professional engineering projects is very hard, and this is far from that.

Isn't it the kind of think that should be automated ? :o (not free criticism, just curious)

The efforts are appreciated.

Very much appreciate all of your efforts. Take care of yourselves and take the time you need.

<the silent majority>

+1 the silent majority part.

You would think the respective employers of Patterson and Abel would have someone in a high position (say an Executive VP) with a teenage son who was a Skyrim afficianado.

"Dad (or mom) PLEEEEEEEEASE give Abel a paid week off from work so he can finish SKSE64!"

Or their bosses being gaming fans themselves?

... Now some modders can go back to doing other things than just waiting for SKSE64, or stop using the "coming soon" as an excuse.

Any news about the process was a good news.

Thank you for this update. It might not be what we hoped, but it is what we needed. :)