Jump to content

Photo

Zorlon - Levdia


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1716 replies to this topic

#1701
Mercbird

Mercbird

    Fan

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Lisette crouches beneath the trees trying to think clearly, for all her previous eagerness she is suddenly reluctant to fly into action.

If I throw a couple of fire balls up at Siffli, she can redirect them to the outlying tents, to get their attention away from the middle two tents. That way I can avoid burning down the entire forest, never mind the Held and their wicked arrows. I hope that the sound of running feet penetrates to where Lurel is, and serves as a signal for them to act.

She tries to get the youngling in the tree's attention " Is it possible for me to light your arrows, so as to add to the chaos? And could you take carefull aim at those guards at the northern tent, the moment I let loose?"

Hopefully Philemon and his slayers will take advantage of the lure, creating their own brand of chaos at the southern tent

"Nothing like a bit of fire for a good stampede" she mutters under her breath to herself, sometimes the best plan is the straight forward one...

#1702
Mercbird

Mercbird

    Fan

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
Lisette looks around feeling very alone and takes a deep breath.
"Now or never, and I suppose I've let enough time pass..."

Holding out her hand, Lisette kindles a small flame which she holds out to the Held member nearest her,

" Carry that to your friends and once Siffli has directed the first fireballs aim those around the perimeter of the camp, we need to draw them away from the centre.

Save a coulple of non burning ones to assasinate the guards at the northern tent the moment they make a move into the tent, but wait for as long as you can.

We don't need them to be the focus of the distraction.

Do not drive anyone to take cover inside the camp, if you aim for the outlying tents the will scurry to put out the fire"

Then she focuses all her attention on that fiery demon within and starts systematically lobbing balls of fire at Siffli floating above the tree line, to redirect to the outside shelters...

Edited by Mercbird, 15 December 2005 - 02:25 PM.


#1703
Malchik

Malchik

    The Wordsmith

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Lisette looks around feeling very alone and takes a deep breath.
"Now or never, and I suppose I've let enough time pass..."

She focuses all her attention on that fiery demon within and starts systematically lobbing balls of fire at Siffli floating above the tree line...



>Malchik can I light the helds arrows ?<


Yes you can.

Edited by Malchik, 15 December 2005 - 08:21 AM.


#1704
Malchik

Malchik

    The Wordsmith

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
Well I still don't know exactly what Lisette and Siffli are planning to do but I'll assume they are doing something to create a diversion.

Lurel pushes up from the ground into the tent where the hostages are kept. There are four people inside Indril leader of the Held and Vreli the sick child are roped to chairs. Two men presumably set to guard them are playing cards. As Midge and Ford appear beside Lurel they grab their swords. There are at most five paces between the men and Ford. Midge is immediately behind Ford, Lurel behind Midge.

#1705
Switch

Switch

    That thing on the wall

  • Premium Member
  • 7,380 posts
Ford looks at the men drawing their swords and brandishes his spear quickly. He uses the distance between them to his advantage, speedily lunging at the one closest to him, hoping to catch him before he reaches them. He looks to Lurel and motions to the other one with a nod.

#1706
Mercbird

Mercbird

    Fan

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
> Apologies, the plan for the distraction is as follows, and has been started by Lissette's last action in my previous post, wich I had edited after M said I could light the arrows.

1. Light the Helms arrows keeping a couple aside to shoot through the heads of any exterior guard making moves toward the interior the northernmost of the two large centre tents, where Lurel is popping in from the ground with Midge and Ford. Have them shoot fire arrows at the perimiter tents to get the guards to come put out the fires, away from the centre, take out any guards coming to put out the fire arrows with more fire arrows.

2.The signal to the Helm to start this action is the first fireball that Siffli (flying above the treeline) bounces to one of the perimiter tents. Siffli should be able to see exactly where to strike so that attention remains focused outwards instead of where Lurel is doing his rescue, and prevents Lissette from burning down the forest entirely.

3.Hopefully the running feet of the guards rushing to put out the fires will penetrate underground to Lurel serving as a signal to start the rescue, as signals had not been discussed.

4. Lisette will carry on throwing fireballs at Siffli to redirect untill she has exhausted her supply of fireballs or Lurel finishes the rescue.

5.Lissette will move to support Lurel, Midge and Ford should they make and above ground escape, by rushing into they fray with her magical dagger, screaming like a Valkyrie.

Hope this helps clear things up, and I do apologise for delaying the flow of the story. Also I think Stampede is on holiday<

#1707
Malchik

Malchik

    The Wordsmith

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
OOC> didn't notice your edit, sorry.

Siffli's view of the clearing is somewhat limited. To be able to direct the fireballs with complete accuracy she will need to float over the space where she will be visible and therefore a target. She can however ensure one or two of the tents at the far edge of camp ignite.

The Held member warns Lisette to be careful not to start a forest fire as there are members of the Held at risk but agrees that they should stay alert to any new danger.

The tents bursting into flame for no obvious reason causes consternation and there is a lot of running about and yelling in the camp which will at least briefly cover noises from the within any tent.

The men in the tent are briefly halted by the sight of the spear. The man jumps back from Ford's thrust and side steps. The second man looses throwing knives at the others hitting both Midge and Lurel but missing Ford. Midge is lucky in that his clothes absorb most of the power and he gets little more than a flesh wound but it is above his heart and next time he might not be so lucky. Lurel manages to deflect his with his hand but his left hand is badly cut and bleeding. The first man, seeing the success of this tactic grabs for his own throwing knives. The thrower is reaching to his ankles to get others from his where they are strapped to his leg.

#1708
Switch

Switch

    That thing on the wall

  • Premium Member
  • 7,380 posts
Ford looks worriedly at the throwing daggers. "Watch out!" He looks back to Lurel and Midge. "Are you okay?" Seeing that they have sustained only flesh wounds he quickly turns his head back to the men. 'That was close... got to be more careful.'

The commotion outside seems to pass him by as he concentrates on the men. He watches their actions, and eyes the one reaching down to his ankles. He quickly sweeps his spear along the floor towards the man's feet, in an effort to trip him up. Apart from that he continues to watch for any daggers, hoping to dodge or deflect any sent his way, and waits for an opportunity to attack.

#1709
ThetaOrionis01

ThetaOrionis01

    Remembering what once was...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
Lurel curses himself for being careless, and, realising that he is no match for an armed fighter, tries to use magic against the two opponents, planning to paralyse them where they stand.

Edited by Theta Orionis, 21 December 2005 - 03:49 PM.


#1710
Malchik

Malchik

    The Wordsmith

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
OOC> I haven't forgotten this. But with Christmas and New Year. Mercbird off line etc. I thought I'd post on my birthday next week. Watch this space!

If you know of anyone who would like to join the characters still alive at the end who wish to will be continuing in a new story. Others can join up at this point. Those who have lost track of what has been happening will have a new challenge and so won't need to worry about much of the past.




IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.491 seconds