⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Zorlon - Levdia

Malchik

The sight of they're few allies lying dead, sweeps Lisette's mind clear.

There remains only one thing.

Blood.

"They do not look like the talking types, Lurel, and they are most certainly waiting this out. They do not expect us to be here.

Lets soften up the left with a long distance attack, arrrows, fireballs, stones anything we have, and then swoop in while they're still confused.

Lurel, if needed can you keep the right off our backs long enough so we can mop up, 'cause as certain as the sun sits in the sky, they will not decline the invitation to die..."

Lisette looks into the faces around her, hoping to see the rising tide of her fury matched in those of her friends.

"Hopefully whoever has been doing such a great job turning those bastards into porcupines, will see the opportunity and take advantage... and not pepper us as well"

Lisette knows she will not be able to keep hold her of her fiery temper for too long, her hold on the demon within her is already slipping... and it needs only one answer.

Blood.

(OOC: Thank you Switch, delighted...uhm when Lisette looks at her friends who does she see, M?)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before Lurel succeeds in opening the ground Midge tugs on his sleeve and points into the trees above the fighters. There are a few members of the Held in the branches. Indeed as he looks more carefully he sees there is at least one in the trees above where he is standing.

The air seems to shimmer and one of the assassins from the slayers is suddenly beside you.

The 'man'm if man it is, hisses: "Our contracts are in the middle of the fighters. It will take us some time to work our way in. But I overheard them talking of hostages so I believe they may have captured some of those who live here."

The assassin disappears as unexpectedly as he had appeared.

In spite of Lisette's eagerness to get into the fray it is clear you could not win in a straight fight.

You all take stock of the party's skills - Midge is very small and cannot get lost, Siffli can fly and use telekinesis, Lisette can turn her dagger into any weapon, no one can lie to Ford, Ari is an expert archer, Lurel still has the potions from Anima that will enable him to use his full magical strength (and will therefore enable him to do some teleportation). The only other person close enough to contact without using magic is the member of the Held in the tree above you.

It will help to get as much information as possible before concocting a plan.

"Lisette," Lurel whispers, "we can't win a fight against so many, and if they have hostages it complicates the situation. We don't want to endanger them needlessly. Before we rush in, daggers drawn, we need to get some information. Meanwhile, perhaps we could try to think of a diversion, to allow the slayers to get in, and perhaps even to allow the hostages to get out. We need ideas. Maybe Ford's piece of straw.. or maybe we can contact the Avelyssians to see if a flock of birds would distract the fighters... Siffli, perhaps you could use your telekinesis skills to drop something on the fighters... I could try to open the ground... think! But first we need information."

He looks up at the Held member above them and calls softly. "Hey! Can you fill us in on the situation? How many hostages are there, and where precisely are they? What's everyone waiting for?"

Sinking to her knees, her katana shaped dagger resting on her lap, Lisette wispers "Lurel, my blade is yours to place, tell me where and how deep."

Reeling in sudden desolation she achieves the calm she has struggled for since first encoutering the slayers and their ward. And contols her bloodlust.

"I could probably drop some fire... *on someones head*...to create a distraction where needed, with some help from Siffli it could be an effective projectile..."

Lisette looks up from her hands, hoping Lurel sees the apology she can not utter, hoping to see the Held down from his tree...

The member of the Held drops down beside you. "They have the woman who looks after the children and the girl who is usually with her - Vreli I think fher name is. And I believe they may have a member of the Held too. They were taken 'to the leader' whoever that may be. As for what they are waiting for I don't know but it maybe because they are expecting another arrival. This person has magic to judge from what they are saying."

Ford ponders. "If there are hostages to free, maybe I can help. I think we'd be best going after them before we take any violent action. But how? We'd need some way to reach them unnoticed..."

Lisette looks up at the Held beside Lurel, and asks "Where exactly is this leader that needs to take a woman and child hostage? If you tell Ford precicely where and how they where taken..." *so he can asses the truth of it* trying pointedly to not think of red hot daggers...

"We may need a birds eye view of that area, Siffli, and maby a flock of birds to cover your arial acrobatics? Lurel, would not action agains the leader serve as as a suitable disctraction to create an opening for the slayers. Should an additional magic user show up, Ford can blow his straw at him or her and perhaps drown out any counter magic?"

Smiling suddenly up at Ford and Siffli " How would you approach the hostage taker?"

Ford looks at Lisette and scratches his head. "Good question. I've never dealt with hostage takers before... I'd trust Lurel to do it more than myself, but you'll probably need his magic to fight these guys. I definitely wouldn't try to take any violent action against this leader, since he has those hostages. Even just using the straw could result in their deaths."

Lurel considers, a grim look on his face. "I still have Anima's potions, to boost my magic reserves. If I knew precisely where the hostages are being kept, I could teleport there - and hopefully teleport out with them, too. That's I'm sure, would greatly help the Slayers. If some of you could create a distraction to draw attention away from the hostages, it might make it easier for me."

He looks at Siffli. "I don't know whether it is possible - but would you be able to ask a bird to spy out the enemy's position for us? I would need a precise location, and know how many of them are guarding the hostages. And if we could find out who this leader is... it might help."

'I suspect Anromainyus' involvement in this... I can only hope I am wrong.'

Archived