TUTORIAL: Assign Meshes to NEW Body Parts

FavoredSoul

Everything went exactly as the tutorial said... except that the NIFskope slot wasn't just "55", but "SBP_55_MOD_FACE_JEWELRY". When I manually punched in 55, it defaulted to this selection as well.

They are the same thing. SBP_55_MOD_FACE_JEWELRY is just the high-falutin technical name for it.

Make sure you also change the corresponding armor addon. It is much faster and easier to this in TesVEdit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything went exactly as the tutorial said... except that the NIFskope slot wasn't just "55", but "SBP_55_MOD_FACE_JEWELRY". When I manually punched in 55, it defaulted to this selection as well.

They are the same thing. SBP_55_MOD_FACE_JEWELRY is just the high-falutin technical name for it.

Make sure you also change the corresponding armor addon. It is much faster and easier to this in TesVEdit.

Yep. I did. I mentioned this in my original post.

When you say it's faster in TESV edit... do you mean changing the armor addon setting... or the whole thing? Do I still need to do the NifSkope part when I change it in TESV edit?

Hallelujah, I figured it out. I was ONLY changing the ArmorAddon value, but not the Armor value. For anyone stumbling upon this post, here is what needs to change:

Armor - Tes5edit

ArmorAddon - Tes5edit

bsdismemberskininstance - Nifskope (refer to the first page of this post)

Also, I agree with Old Hand, don't use CK, use TES5Edit for changing amor slots. Quick instructions for that:

Open TES4Edit

Open ESP (tip, right click on the list, click select none, then enter the name of the esp into the filter above. You ONLY need the esp you are editing, and nothing else for this specific procedure)

Expand your esp item (click the + sign)

Expand "Armor Addon"

Find your item and select it

Right click on the value under "BOD2 - Biped Body Template > First Person Flags", then click EDIT
- Here's a screenshot from a LL post on the same subject:
http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-125172-0-97377700-1416387822.jpg

- Make sure to right click the TOP value. You should see a warning that makes you wait to say YES, then a list of all the slots in the game. DO NOT double click and type in a value.

Expand "Armor"

Repeat the same steps as you did for Armor Addon

Close TES5Edit (It will prompt you to save)

Thank you Old Hand for your help!

Edited by dickdeck

• 3 months later...

Hallelujah, I figured it out. I was ONLY changing the ArmorAddon value, but not the Armor value. For anyone stumbling upon this post, here is what needs to change:

Armor - Tes5edit

ArmorAddon - Tes5edit

Also, I agree with Old Hand, don't use CK, use TES5Edit for changing amor slots. Quick instructions for that:

Open TES4Edit

Open ESP (tip, right click on the list, click select none, then enter the name of the esp into the filter above. You ONLY need the esp you are editing, and nothing else for this specific procedure)

Expand "Armor Addon"

Right click on the value under "BOD2 - Biped Body Template > First Person Flags", then click EDIT

- Here's a screenshot from a LL post on the same subject: http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-125172-0-97377700-1416387822.jpg

- Make sure to right click the TOP value. You should see a warning that makes you wait to say YES, then a list of all the slots in the game. DO NOT double click and type in a value.

Expand "Armor"

I tried all that (This is my first time editing a mod) Did everything, but that I edited is now invisible, I'm trying to change the slots for piercings so that I can have multiple piercings from one mod on at the same time, I successfully edited it so that i have everything I wanted equipped, but the ones I edited are now invisible. what could be the problem?

• 1 month later...

To resurrect an old thread with a SSE twist (I assume everything will be the same)...

TL;DR ---> Biped slot change = CTD

I have a mod that I like that assigns a back object to the amulet slot (have no idea why). Needless to say, I'd like to keep the amulet slot for amulets. So, I opened SSEEdit and changed the Armor and Armor Addon slots to 47 then saved the .esp. I then opened the mesh file (mod has loose files, not a bsa) in Nifskope, changed the value to 47 then saved. I opened my load order in SSEEdit and checked for conflicts (none), recreated the merged patch through SSEEdit, recreated my Bashed Patch (WB) and started the game. Screen loads ok, but when I try to load my last saved game I get a CTD. I can replaced the modified files with the originals and everything works. What did I do wrong to cause the crash? Thanks.

**UPDATE**

There's one sure way to fix a problem--post about it first.

The problem was in Nifskope. I was using 2.0 PA-5 which was causing an error in the .nif files for SSE. Switching to 2.0 PA-6 solved the problem and everything is hunky-dory.

• 1 month later...

Armor - Tes5edit

ArmorAddon - Tes5edit

Open TES4Edit

Expand "Armor Addon"

- Here's a screenshot from a LL post on the same subject: http://www.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_11_2014/post-125172-0-97377700-1416387822.jpg

Expand "Armor"

Thanx a lot bro, I was going ape on this.

Edited by Ezarr

• 11 months later...

So, to start-

Great tutorial. It's helped a lot. However, I ran into an issue and scouring the web has brought me no luck, so here goes.

I wanted to change the SC Witch of the Wilds skirt from a slot 32 to a slot 52, so I could equip different bras/tops (which nearly all use slot 32). I was able to change the piece with TES5Edit and NifSkope. In game, the piece is visible, and the slots are correct, but I seem to have a problem with HDT. Bouncing butt clips through the skirt now when I walk or crouch. Are there Havok settings in NifSkope that I have to change?

Edit: Should have added- I am using the UUNP Bodyslide conversion. I changed the slots on the original esp, the original _0 and _1 nifs, and the nif in the shapedata from the conversion.

Edited by SetecAstronomy

• 1 year later...

Hello guys,

I would like to assign the slot 44 to DragonPriest masks (Like the Tribunal mask.

Everything is ok with SSEEDIT.

My problem is with Nifskope. I manage to open the file but when I scroll down Block Details as it is said, I just can't find where I am supposed to edit the slot.

Can you help?

PS : sorry for my bad English