New Nexus Mods design launched

Dark0ne

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f*#@ing changes based on the layout feedback. Saying the new layout sucks is honestly an understatement. There's simply no way to describe just how poor a design it is. If you want to voice your displeasure, the forums aren't the place for it. The Nexus admin team never have and never will give a s#*! what the community thinks, they just like to pretend they do to save face.

If you want to make your displeasure known, cease your support for the website by canceling your Supporter payments, and renabling your ad-block specifically for Nexus domains.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f***ing changes based on the layout feedback. Saying the new layout sucks is honestly an understatement. There's simply no way to describe just how poor a design it is. If you want to voice your displeasure, the forums aren't the place for it. The Nexus admin team never have and never will give a s*** what the community thinks, they just like to pretend they do to save face.

If you want to make your displeasure known, cease your support for the website by canceling your Supporter payments, and renabling your ad-block specifically for Nexus domains.

Wow. It's not that serious, dude. Robin is actually very much pro-active when it comes to listening to the users; the problem is that the users who are complaining think they are the majority, and they're really not. Dark0ne has stated from the beginning that once the dev, Kit, is done with Vortex, she will turn her attention to the new website, but for now, the major focus is on Vortex, and rightly so. We don't need a botched release of something as major as the next incarnation of NMM and MO combined. They said it would be released sometime early 2018, and they've just announced they're shutting down the old site February 12th. You don't think there's a connection there? Once Vortex comes out, we will undoubtedly see much of the feedback in these threads finally addressed. They're not asking you to wait ten years, they're asking you to wait six months to a year (from the time it was announced last year). Not a big deal. :)

Wow. It's not that serious, dude. Robin is actually very much pro-active when it comes to listening to the users; the problem is that the users who are complaining think they are the majority, and they're really not. Dark0ne has stated from the beginning that once the dev, Kit, is done with Vortex, she will turn her attention to the new website, but for now, the major focus is on Vortex, and rightly so. We don't need a botched release of something as major as the next incarnation of NMM and MO combined. They said it would be released sometime early 2018, and they've just announced they're shutting down the old site February 12th. You don't think there's a connection there? Once Vortex comes out, we will undoubtedly see much of the feedback in these threads finally addressed. They're not asking you to wait ten years, they're asking you to wait six months to a year (from the time it was announced last year). Not a big deal. :smile:

Ah yes, because you can't have a small team working on multiple things at once. It's just impossible, isn't it? I really don't care for their reasoning. Using the new layout is a legitimately terrible experience, and they've so far made zero indication that they've even received and catalogued any feedback. They have nothing to show for months of feedback threads, and they obviously aren't going to act on it. If they were, they would have confirmed something or indicated as to what they're working on, not literal months of silence on the layout. Unless of course you're actually that naive, and you think they've been sitting on feedback for over eight months, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're misinformed and not incredibly thick.

Re-enable your ad-block, disable your Supporter payments. They've clearly stopped caring about community opinion, so hurt them the only way you can.

Edited by ColdBlackCages

Wow. It's not that serious, dude. Robin is actually very much pro-active when it comes to listening to the users; the problem is that the users who are complaining think they are the majority, and they're really not. Dark0ne has stated from the beginning that once the dev, Kit, is done with Vortex, she will turn her attention to the new website, but for now, the major focus is on Vortex, and rightly so. We don't need a botched release of something as major as the next incarnation of NMM and MO combined. They said it would be released sometime early 2018, and they've just announced they're shutting down the old site February 12th. You don't think there's a connection there? Once Vortex comes out, we will undoubtedly see much of the feedback in these threads finally addressed. They're not asking you to wait ten years, they're asking you to wait six months to a year (from the time it was announced last year). Not a big deal. :smile:

Ah yes, because you can't have a small team working on multiple things at once. It's just impossible, isn't it? I really don't care for their reasoning. Using the new layout is a legitimately terrible experience, and they've so far made zero indication that they've even received and catalogued any feedback. They have nothing to show for months of feedback threads, and they obviously aren't going to act on it. If they were, they would have confirmed something or indicated as to what they're working on, not literal months of silence on the layout. Unless of course you're actually that naive, and you think they've been sitting on feedback for over eight months, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're misinformed and not incredibly thick.

Re-enable your ad-block, disable your Supporter payments. They've clearly stopped caring about community opinion, so hurt them the only way you can.

Re-enabling adblock does nothing to them. They don't not get paid by the advertisers because you're using adblock.

Another thing: Have you read all the threads? There's three main threads: Redesign Launch - Stage 2 In Progress, New Nexus Mods Design Launched, and New Design Constructive Feedback. I've pored over every single page in all three of them, and can tell you definitively that you are wrong. Plain and simple. I've witnessed with my own eyes the mods and admins asking for more information or addressing specific issues. I've seen the new site itself glitch out or hang on loading because they're addressing something on the back-end. So your assertion that they are doing nothing is patently, provably false. As to their silence on the feedback threads, that, too, is wrong and false, as Dark0ne himself has posted responses to people, but now is of the mindset that he no longer cares to respond because of the great deal of negativity expressed at him and the other devs/staff in the form of borderline personal attacks. Negativity being defined as non-feedback, non-helpful ranting. He has said that he will not have Kit look at the new site until Vortex is released.

Therefore, until Vortex is released, I'll withhold my judgement.

In response to post #57279126.

ColdBlackCages wrote:

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f*#@ing changes based on the layout feedback. Saying the new layout sucks is honestly an understatement. There's simply no way to describe just how poor a design it is. If you want to voice your displeasure, the forums aren't the place for it. The Nexus admin team never have and never will give a s#*! what the community thinks, they just like to pretend they do to save face.

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f***ing changes based on the layout feedback

Deary, deary me. That attitude.

We've implemented a lot of changes based on the feedback we've received, we're just not interacting much with the people who are clearly seeing red right now and being very rude or niave.

Off the top of my head (and by no means a complete list) we've:

• Made extensive changes to the very comment system we're using now (and file comments), providing more contrast in the colours, reducing superfluous height/width/padding issues, changed font sizes for readability, based on user requests and feedback
  • Decreased the width in large text block content areas to increase readability
  • Implemented a quick search system so you can circumvent the advanced search system entirely if you so wish and find exact mods you're looking for (that you know the name of) much, much quicker. So far, it's doing roughly 300,000 searches a day, so that system is very much being used
  • Altered the hot files system based on user requests to have description text visible on the most popular files
  • Made extensive changes to file tracking, and how it's shown on the tracking page and tracking tab on game front pages, based on user feedback
  • Increased the amount of small description you see while browsing files so it's more obvious what a file does while browsing, based on user requests and feedback
  • Changes to list view to make it use less space while showing more information, based on user requests and feedback.
  • Several fixes and functionality additions to the bug report tab on file pages, based on user requests and feedback
  • Extensively reworked the file tab to show more information, more readily, while also taking up considerably less space once again, you guessed it, based on user requests and feedback

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There's plenty more. And that obviously doesn't include the hundreds of fixes and additions we've been making based on reports and feedback being sent into our tracker (which you can access from the "Report bug" link in the bottom right-hand corner).

I'm sorry it's not to your liking, but I'd rather you didn't lie to try and suit some current anti-Nexus agenda you have. Thank you.

Edited by Dark0ne

Hello, I think that it should be tracked when you track a mod, so that you'd be able to filter them by most recent track to oldest tracked mod. I use the tracking as a type of "I'll look at this mod later" or an easy way to keep a mod in like a type of "list" and it's just easier way to filter through them because you'd know it's relative position of where it would be as I don't always remember the name of the mod, just that I recently tracked it.

Edited by ErraticFox

In response to post #57279126.

ColdBlackCages wrote:

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f***ing changes based on the layout feedback. Saying the new layout sucks is honestly an understatement. There's simply no way to describe just how poor a design it is. If you want to voice your displeasure, the forums aren't the place for it. The Nexus admin team never have and never will give a s*** what the community thinks, they just like to pretend they do to save face.

It's absolutely insane to me they did something as disingenuous as ask for feedback and then proceed to implement a grand total of zero f***ing changes based on the layout feedback

Deary, deary me. That attitude.

We've implemented a lot of changes based on the feedback we've received, we're just not interacting much with the people who are clearly seeing red right now and being very rude or niave.

Off the top of my head (and by no means a complete list) we've:

• Made extensive changes to the very comment system we're using now (and file comments), providing more contrast in the colours, reducing superfluous height/width/padding issues, changed font sizes for readability, based on user requests and feedback
  • Decreased the width in large text block content areas to increase readability
  • Implemented a quick search system so you can circumvent the advanced search system entirely if you so wish and find exact mods you're looking for (that you know the name of) much, much quicker. So far, it's doing roughly 300,000 searches a day, so that system is very much being used
  • Altered the hot files system based on user requests to have description text visible on the most popular files
  • Made extensive changes to file tracking, and how it's shown on the tracking page and tracking tab on game front pages, based on user feedback
  • Increased the amount of small description you see while browsing files so it's more obvious what a file does while browsing, based on user requests and feedback
  • Changes to list view to make it use less space while showing more information, based on user requests and feedback.
  • Several fixes and functionality additions to the bug report tab on file pages, based on user requests and feedback
  • Extensively reworked the file tab to show more information, more readily, while also taking up considerably less space once again, you guessed it, based on user requests and feedback

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There's plenty more. And that obviously doesn't include the hundreds of fixes and additions we've been making based on reports and feedback being sent into our tracker (which you can access from the "Report bug" link in the bottom right-hand corner).

I'm sorry it's not to your liking, but I'd rather you didn't lie to try and suit some current anti-Nexus agenda you have. Thank you.

Thank you. Finally we have it from the man himself.

Now then...does this mean Vortex is close to being released...? *bites nails*

You need to consider adding "Tag Search" to the Mods drop down list. I understand you can do that by refining search, but If you want to encourage Tag use you should make it more visible and accessible. Edited by uglydemon

In response to post #57269526.

galacticninja wrote:

Bug report: URLs in the old format e.g. https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31255 do not properly redirect to the new URL format: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31255 and instead shows a " The mod you were looking for couldn't be found" error message even if the mod page exists in the new URL format.

Just a small heads up, but the sub-domain urls "<game name>.nexusmods.com" aren't the "old format", they're -ancient-, from times long before the new layout even became an idea. Of course the devs might be able to look into it and come up with a redirect solution of old, once reported, but it's nothing to do with the new layout having been introduced.

But as you already showed, it's easily fixed yourself in the mean time. Just shift the game name from the subdomain into between the domain and "/mods" like you did above, everything else will always be the same.

I thought that this was due to the recent layout changes. These very old URLs redirected properly even when the URL format was updated (the one prior to the current one). I've reported this issue in its Github page.

My concern is the links that were posted back then. If a user gets "The mod you were looking for couldn't be found" error message, they might think that the mod is gone even though it still exists.