• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

Jinxxed0

Jinxxed0

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts
In response to post #56769386. #58645586 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

But you also have to consider how ridiculous it would be for the nexus to spend over a million dollars and get absolutely nothing in return.
Remember. They don't have to do this at all. They could just forget about doing this completely.

If you feel modders deserve something, you can donate them yourself very easily. Some even have patreons.

blackrat99

blackrat99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

I agree that trying to make the donation system retrospective just opens a can of worms. Apart from whether it is affordable, mods that have used other mods' assets/ideas/permissions would be impossible to sort out fairly. You just have to say, these are the rules and it starts on this date.

As far as rewarding better or more involved mods, maybe you could split up the pool (I suggested something similar before to support old games). A certain percentage for downloads, then a percentage based on a monthly user poll. Or something similar.

There isn't going to be a perfect system, and whatever system is put in place can always be tweaked if it isn't working right, so let's suck it and see.

themaster19

themaster19

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Update on this Nexus admins??

DtheHun

DtheHun

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 89 posts
Looks abandoned. What was the problem?

Vanguardascendant

Vanguardascendant

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 254 posts
Is this still a thing?

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 20,024 posts
In response to post #59794576.

Spoiler

Yes it is. We're putting the final touches on it now and hope to have it out some time this month.

Vanguardascendant

Vanguardascendant

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 254 posts
In response to post #59794576. #59795521 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

That's great!

Ameisenfutter

Ameisenfutter

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 96 posts
In response to post #59794576. #59795521, #59795591 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Yeah, this sounds like a really good system actually. I'm definitely gonna participate!

steve40

steve40

I am not a robot (or am I?)

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts

I spotted this today, but I can't access the actual post. I guess the launch is imminent...

Capture.png

thundergamer007

thundergamer007

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This sounds like a amazing system. I've given donations in the past, but it's hard to determine how much to donate and how to split the money. This system makes sure the money goes to the mods that deserve it the most. Excellent.

Page loaded in: 0.741 seconds