Note to mods: another example of a topic that is potentially debatable, and please feel free to move it to Debates if you wish. But it's intended as an informational post and I'm sincerely not looking for debate from anyone who might believe Lebanon's abject fascism is justified.
From the article:
"Article 534 of Lebanon's penal code punishes "any sexual intercourse contrary to the order of nature" with up to one year in prison, and has been used to prosecute people suspected of homosexuality."
Anyone know how they reconcile this law with what is actually observed in nature? Homosexuality is routinely seen in not dozens or hundreds but thousands of different animal species, including ours. It might be accurate to call it abnormal but it's certainly not unnatural. Also studies consistently indicate that somewhere around 80% of us have had or will have at least one homosexual experience in our lives, the vast majority of these for heterosexuals are during puberty and the following experimentation period.
I've always been at a loss to explain institutionalized gay bashing, since another thing that all studies tell us is that sexual orientation is immutable for both heterosexuals and homosexuals. 5% of any human population are currently questioning their sexuality, the other 95% are not. These numbers never change, therefore what societal threat does (or even can) either orientation pose to the other? I've never understood it even as a kid a half century ago. One last thing studies have revealed is that the so-called "ick response" to homosexuality is a learned behavior and does not occur in children who are not taught to respond that way to it by their families, cultures and religions. It turns out the natural response is neutral since it's essentially and simply physical expression of self-love.
Edited by TheMastersSon, 19 May 2018 - 05:51 AM.