Dagon. Cthulhu. THEY LIVE!

DreppMeister

Could have sworn this thread was centered about what happened to some shark... Ugh, here we go again.

Human have to rationalize everything, but our comprehension of the world is mainly based on science, and most sciences are founded and based on theories. I personnaly have another vision of things

Wait. You just said science is based on theories. Then you said you have another vision of things. What's your vision based on? Theories. Actually, it's even worse: Wishful thinking. "I cannot explain it, therefore I hope it's some kind of Lovecraftian entity."

You're not even right about science based on theories though. By its very definition science cannot be "based on theories" because then it would not be science.

Science is based on observation and experiments. The "theories" part is mostly rationalizing based on the aforementioned observations and experiments.

Believe in what you want

Pot>kettle.

Actually, no. I don't "believe" in works of fiction. Exactly why I'm coming up with rational explanations.

I dont <sic> reject everything about modern science

I thought you said you had "another vision of things"? So, as I understand it, you don't really agree with science (because it's, according to you, based on theories) but you don't reject everything about modern science either. So you're basically just cherry-picking modern science and applying wishful thinking to whatever parts you don't agree with.

Submarine strike. Happens to whales more often than the navy likes to admit. Its a pity that while animals that exist are being driven to extinction people are lost in imaginary worlds of fictional creatures that they wished existed rather than doing anything for the ones that actually do.

Edited by soupdragon1234

Dagon: ehh

Cthulu: ehh

They Live: Good sci-fi movie made in the late 80s. It's where we got:

"I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"....

Welcome to the Science Butcher Shop, where like minds want to try exotic Ideas!

Are you one of the Hunters! :geek:

It's breakfast time!

Will I have Dagon or Cthulhu today? :laugh:

Is this Wonder Land? Is that girl Alice talking to a mouse? Did someone just shout, "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" ?

Duck and Cover DreppMeister from Celt Land.

What is your hat size? I think you would look good in a new hat!

Would YOU like some Tea?

Could have sworn this thread was centered about what happened to some shark... Ugh, here we go again.

Human have to rationalize everything, but our comprehension of the world is mainly based on science, and most sciences are founded and based on theories. I personnaly have another vision of things

Wait. You just said science is based on theories. Then you said you have another vision of things. What's your vision based on? Theories. Actually, it's even worse: Wishful thinking. "I cannot explain it, therefore I hope it's some kind of Lovecraftian entity."

You're not even right about science based on theories though. By its very definition science cannot be "based on theories" because then it would not be science.

Science is based on observation and experiments. The "theories" part is mostly rationalizing based on the aforementioned observations and experiments.

Believe in what you want

Pot>kettle.

Actually, no. I don't "believe" in works of fiction. Exactly why I'm coming up with rational explanations.

I dont <sic> reject everything about modern science

I thought you said you had "another vision of things"? So, as I understand it, you don't really agree with science (because it's, according to you, based on theories) but you don't reject everything about modern science either. So you're basically just cherry-picking modern science and applying wishful thinking to whatever parts you don't agree with.

Take a look at the books i mentioned in first page of the thread :) i dont think you can really apprehend my way to think lad ;) And even if you dont want to admit it All modern sciences are based on theories or from works of older scientist of other centuries, i have some archeologist friends, biologists, botanists, those observations and experiments you talk about are concluded with the interpretations of a bunch of people with their own comprehension based on what they learned so (and its logic as you seem touched by the "Scully syndrom") its obviously not objective but subjective and many scientists are constantly in questioning about what the supposedly "proved" facts given by precursors or their own colleagues ;) I dont pretend being a scientist but more of an adventurer who lived some experiences of life wich made me open minded on many things. And as i said before i have no difficulties to believe some unknown creature could have dragg the female white shark hundreds of meters deep in a few seconds, now you can bring all the "facts" you want about pressure or gravity or whatever you want :) :* Love<3

Now you can all do your researches about it and bring some elements to it that i would have missed :D And for you BlackRampage i have no quarrels with you but you seem to be definitely the "rational" guy with who i couldnt really get along with saddly, I talked about it with my archeo friend today and gave me some interesting theories especially about the Jormungandr legend and some text he read once. Now you will tell me "Ha so now you talk about theories too?" Yes i do but thats OPEN MINDED theories. Love to you <3

Oh and one last thing about your great science BlackRampage... I am a ranger in my region, you know taking care of the trees, the plants and the animals occasionally. You know where i learned everything about the plants and animals? with the farmers and the ancients of my village ( they never have been scientists but their knowledge is huge on many things). Take the pissenlit for exemple, take the roots, let them dry and then use it as a cure for stomach infections or constipation, how the forest is fertilized by the wild boars returning the ground with their defenses so the pollen and seeds will be planted, Why never chase a fox that go in a rabbit tunnel because they perfectly coexists. Once there was biologists came to do observations about the boars... Results of their researchs : The boars are a calamity for the forest because they destroy the young plants and scares other species... Omg i laughed so much when i heard that haha xD I have many other exemples if you want so my proud science defender, tchuss and farewell!