What If the Earth Does Not Exist?

WSChase

After watching West World as a kid I started fantasizing that I was the only human being on earth and everybody else were robots. During this time I would wake up in the middle of the night and peer out the window expecting to see maintenance crews out in the streets working on the robots. Also I fantasized that places came to a compete halt after I was no longer able to see them.

• 1 month later...

What if it's all a badly written recreational holo-novel, and the reason we're in it is because we couldn't afford to be in one of the better ones... where all the beautiful people are. So we're stuck in the muck and their ain't no refunds.

What we believe to be paradise here on "Earth" ends up being the worst place imaginable for the "true planet". Such possibility.

Maybe we're another planet's hell, and they say things like: "if you're really bad, when you die you'll go straight to earth."

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Earth being a fantasy or not doesn't matter. We're living on it and for us that's our reality. For us, Earth DOES exist. It's the same thing when adding artificial intelligence to the characters in a game. Once those characters start being self-concious their world is real, even if it was created in a computer program.

• 3 months later...