ANOTHER Script Extender Update

MrManovar6

"You are using a newer version of Fallout than this version F4SE supports."

Current F4SE version:
Runtime: 1.10.106

F4SE: 0.6.10

I'm guessing I have to wait for Silverlock to update the Extender? Because in that case I'll wait paitently, though just curious: How long does it usualy take?

Also, updating the Extender this often makes me dwell on a sort-of (for the lack of a better word) existential question: WHAT IF, someday Script Extender will stop being updated, and we'll have to rely on normal ways to start the game?

Other than that, I'll wait . . . . .

yup.

I don't know why people feel the need to notify everybody of these though.
Also, Mod pages are going to get flooded with the "Fallout 4 just updated PLZ update UR mod" posts as usual for every single update.

I keep my steam library open all the time, and I keep my library set to INSTALLED.

I saw the "UPDATE REQUIRED" sitting next to Fallout 4 (I have it set NOT to update unless I actually run the game), so I promptly put Steam in OFFLINE mode, and will continue to play with the un-updated version of F4SE until it, and the mods that rely on it are updated.

PLUS, I have the mod installed that automatically backs up the old Fallout.exe so you can restore it and keep playing until F4SE and the mods that rely on it are updated.

yup.

I don't know why people feel the need to notify everybody of these though.

Also, Mod pages are going to get flooded with the "Fallout 4 just updated PLZ update UR mod" posts as usual for every single update.

I keep my steam library open all the time, and I keep my library set to INSTALLED.

I saw the "UPDATE REQUIRED" sitting next to Fallout 4 (I have it set NOT to update unless I actually run the game), so I promptly put Steam in OFFLINE mode, and will continue to play with the un-updated version of F4SE until it, and the mods that rely on it are updated.

PLUS, I have the mod installed that automatically backs up the old Fallout.exe so you can restore it and keep playing until F4SE and the mods that rely on it are updated.

Can you give me a link to that mod, please?

How is it possible for an update to be forced? I have staem offline with only update when i am not even online, plus i have my launcher read only, which also serves as write protected.

The last update made my computer unable to play, and this update will destroy it yet again.

you can always unroll your version in the steam console. A bit of a hassle, but once you've set up the shortcut, you're ready for next time Bethesda tries to take your toys away.

1. find your steam executable (usually in Program Files (x86)\Steam)
  2. Create a shortcut
  3. Open the shortcut properties and add -console to the end of the target
  4. Target will now look like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -console
  5. Close out steam ALL the way
  6. Open with the shortcut and you should see the console tab in Steam
  7. Copy/Paste the following into the console and wait for it to finish downloading
download_depot 377160 377162 2144426079840954483 for the lastest version
Inside whatever directory the console stated (mine was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_377160\depot_377162) you should find a shiny new 1.10.98.0 version Fallout 4 exe
p.s. is it just me, or is Fallout 4 the mod equivalent of self flagilation? I can't ever remember having to jump through so many effing ridiculous and often somewhat painful hoops just to get my character to wear pretty pretty earrings and tight shorts. Sheesh!

try big boob

you can always unroll your version in the steam console. A bit of a hassle, but once you've set up the shortcut, you're ready for next time Bethesda tries to take your toys away.

1. find your steam executable (usually in Program Files (x86)\Steam)
  2. Create a shortcut
  3. Open the shortcut properties and add -console to the end of the target
  4. Target will now look like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -console
  5. Close out steam ALL the way
  6. Open with the shortcut and you should see the console tab in Steam
  7. Copy/Paste the following into the console and wait for it to finish downloading
download_depot 377160 377162 2144426079840954483 for the lastest version
Inside whatever directory the console stated (mine was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_377160\depot_377162) you should find a shiny new 1.10.98.0 version Fallout 4 exe
p.s. is it just me, or is Fallout 4 the mod equivalent of self flagilation? I can't ever remember having to jump through so many effing ridiculous and often somewhat painful hoops just to get my character to wear pretty pretty earrings and tight shorts. Sheesh!

try big boots and pretty hair with good looking outfit

Lol yeah. Well, any more than a mouthful and you're risking a sprained tongue. It was said so it the OG of mod tales; the movie Weird Science from the year of our lord of mods 1985. It's like my building a better fantasy girlfriend bible. And I was literally a high school freshman in 1985, so it has some very intimately personal connections to me heh.

Also, extra instructions on finding versions for future issues:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994