Mods are enabled but dont work

Deleted62028601User

i have same problem except that plugins appear in game folder but not in game

Did you ENABLE and DEPLOY the mods?

Look at the Plugins Tab, are the plugins ENABLED?

I hate to be a pain, but I'm also struggling with this issue.

I've downloaded and extracted the SKS files just fine and can launch the game with its loader. But none of the mods are working. Disabled and reenabled them, made sure its hard link selected, refreshed them all, the option to auto deploy after installation is ticked etc, both the mod folder and game are on the D drive.

I have FO4 installed as well with the same set up and I have no issues just vortex download and playing.

Cheers

S

What are SKS files?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having a similar problem with parallax and the mods required to run it, I've tried the things that have been provided here and haven't gotten any success. Something I've noticed is that the mod does not seem to have a plugin that I can see, and when I search up the mod in sse where I can find all the other mods it doesn't show up, but it does show up in my hard link deployment folder. any suggestions? and sorry if I am unclear on anything

I've been having a similar problem with parallax and the mods required to run it, I've tried the things that have been provided here and haven't gotten any success. Something I've noticed is that the mod does not seem to have a plugin that I can see, and when I search up the mod in sse where I can find all the other mods it doesn't show up, but it does show up in my hard link deployment folder. any suggestions? and sorry if I am unclear on anything

First off, this is a really old thread from 2018. It is OK to start a new thread - don't be bashful! It is actually better, and will often get you the help you need a bit faster. So in general, read old threads for the information they contain, but when you post, create a new thread so everybody gets a fresh look without having to scroll through 4 pages of comments to find your problem. In fact, I would suggest that rather than replying to my comment here, you start a new thread and copy/past my comment in if you wish.
Is this the mod of which you are speaking? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2347
As far as Requirements on the mod Description page, there are none. So I'm not sure what you mean by "and the mods required to run it."
If you want to find out if a particular mod has a plugin or not, on the Nexus mod page go to the FILES tab and click on Preview File Contents for each of the files you are downloading. This is from the Description on the mod page:
  • If you want a more detailed look of what's inside the folders, please have a look using the Preview file contents under each mod inside the Files Tab
Plugins have a file extension of .esp, .esm, or .esl. This mod is a texture replacer, and as such contains a bunch of texture files with .dds extensions, a few meshes with .nif extensions, but no plugins.
You said, "when I search up the mod in sse where I can find all the other mods it doesn't show up" Where are you talking about here? If you mean looking in game where one would enable or manually sort mods if they aren't using a mod manager, then you are looking at a list of plugins and this mod doesn't have a plugin, so it will not show up there. Also, if you are using Vortex, don't ever make changes at this location. Allow Vortex to manage it for you.
  • Have you been to the "Sticky Post" on the mod page POASTS tab. It has a picture of how to tell if the mod is installed and working or not. Have you verified this yet?
  • Why do you think the mod isn't working?

General note: Always take the time to thoroughly read the mod Description and Sticky Posts before posting a problem. Most of the time the information you need is there.

Adding one more note to nt5raham's general note:

When you go to the download page of any mod, you can click on "PREVIEW FILE CONTENTS" directly below the DOWNLOAD button, and it will show you what's inside the archive, if all you see if .nif, .dds, etc then the mod doesn't have, need, or use, a plugin.

I do this out of habit now, to view the file and directory structure of mods, to see what I can expect once it's installed.

• 4 months later...
Guest deleted34304850

aaaigh! Another dead end ... compiling info for my own new "mods installed but don't work" post ... been doing this nonsense for 12+ hours and no joy. So many dead/unresolved/unanswered threads ...

aside from your own post in this thread, what is the question that you want answered, and have you ever thought of actually opening your own post, rather than appending your issue on the back of someone else's post (that has actually been answered)?

• 4 weeks later...

I will start off saying this is not a Vortex problem - which does not help you at all.

Preview the mod contents, as HtR indicated.

Next, look in your game folders, where the mod indicates the files should go.

If you see them in the game folder, Vortex is done. That is all it is supposed to do.

If you don't see them, look in the Vortex mod folder. Do you see them there? If not, you likely merged back a deleted file. Reinstall the mod.

If you do see them, hit "Deploy" again. Check the game directory again.

If not there this time, report back.

Edited by rmm200

• 5 months later...