Project Spotlight: Fallout 4: New Vegas

Pickysaurus

In response to post #67475806. #67518391, #67535151 are all replies on the same post.

sturmgewehr44 wrote: I do hope this actually gets finished. What ever happened to Skywind?
TheChurch wrote: Based off how Bethesda has kinda killed (or put on hiatus) the Fallout franchise with the release and subsequent scandals related to Fallout 76, and how the Fallout: New Vegas fan base (myself included) are dedicated and on going. The support the devs are getting and going to get as well as the want to support them monetarily, even seen in this thread, Should be more than enough incentive to continue the work.

But that's all what I've gleamed for forums and such... So I hope so too.
foxx0021 wrote: Lol. Why do modders always have to announce what the hell they're up to? I say they get to work now, then wait till 76 goes free to play then out of nowhere release a finished form of the game as a FO4 mod. Then, for the ultimate cue de gras I say we go totally retro and throw FO3 in there too. We could call it...Fallout 4 All: Unbreakable. I'd probably laugh so hard I'd give myself a hernia. If this mod is for real it actually has way more potential than NV actually did. Only half joking about the game series mod thing. Knowing the engines are so similar makes one wonder if a little clever hacking couldn't find a way to virtually import things like worldspace, or at least the mesh vertices, cutting fractions off work time.

They have to be very careful with using assets from beth id guess, one of the reasons so many of the remake mods fail is Beth jumping on them for some small reason and shutting them down. As long as Beth just see it as another mod that's ok but if they think it's going to steal their thunder or infringe on there IP they will shut it down in a flash.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome! I just hope that this doesn't include altered enemy AI that Bethesda did when they re-released New Vegas Ultimate Edition. Being hounded by assassination squads every ten to fifteen minutes is just super stupid and a real turn-off. I'd also really like to see the clothing of New Vegas in this as well. Fallout 4 I felt lacked a lot of the interesting clothing options that New Vegas had, especially hats. There were no real good western hats in F4, even with the Nukaworld DLC. Edited by Robotous

All this nonsense about re-recording the voice lines is ridiculous. They HAVE to re-record the voice lines, as the original voice actors contracts only cover the original FO:NV, not some FO4 mod.

On the OTHER hand, I'm betting that one of the first 'mods' for this will be re-inserting the original voices. It'll be super simple, probably just moving the files from one directory to another, and re-naming them at worst.

In response to post #67804141.

BrentOGara wrote: All this nonsense about re-recording the voice lines is ridiculous. They HAVE to re-record the voice lines, as the original voice actors contracts only cover the original FO:NV, not some FO4 mod.

On the OTHER hand, I'm betting that one of the first 'mods' for this will be re-inserting the original voices. It'll be super simple, probably just moving the files from one directory to another, and re-naming them at worst.

Mod within a mod

In response to post #67475806. #67518391, #67535151, #67661101 are all replies on the same post.

sturmgewehr44 wrote: I do hope this actually gets finished. What ever happened to Skywind?
TheChurch wrote: Based off how Bethesda has kinda killed (or put on hiatus) the Fallout franchise with the release and subsequent scandals related to Fallout 76, and how the Fallout: New Vegas fan base (myself included) are dedicated and on going. The support the devs are getting and going to get as well as the want to support them monetarily, even seen in this thread, Should be more than enough incentive to continue the work.

But that's all what I've gleamed for forums and such... So I hope so too.
foxx0021 wrote: Lol. Why do modders always have to announce what the hell they're up to? I say they get to work now, then wait till 76 goes free to play then out of nowhere release a finished form of the game as a FO4 mod. Then, for the ultimate cue de gras I say we go totally retro and throw FO3 in there too. We could call it...Fallout 4 All: Unbreakable. I'd probably laugh so hard I'd give myself a hernia. If this mod is for real it actually has way more potential than NV actually did. Only half joking about the game series mod thing. Knowing the engines are so similar makes one wonder if a little clever hacking couldn't find a way to virtually import things like worldspace, or at least the mesh vertices, cutting fractions off work time.
madpaddy wrote: They have to be very careful with using assets from beth id guess, one of the reasons so many of the remake mods fail is Beth jumping on them for some small reason and shutting them down. As long as Beth just see it as another mod that's ok but if they think it's going to steal their thunder or infringe on there IP they will shut it down in a flash.

They don't like people making a better game than them.

In response to post #67555556.

Mrkool27 wrote: In the picture above, the road and its surroundings look nothing like the fnv picture. Judging by that, I don't feel like F4NV will have the same western feel of fnv. I know it's just one area, but recreating fnv in fo4's engine seems almost impossible if you still want that fnv feel, that at least I have come to love and that had me replaying the game over and over. To me it just looks like another picture of Boston. I would still love to see this project made, this is just a criticism. I am willing to try this out

Yeah the puddle in the middle of the road doesn't help. Not something you'd expect to see in the middle of a desert.

In response to post #67804141. #67822741 is also a reply to the same post.

BrentOGara wrote: All this nonsense about re-recording the voice lines is ridiculous. They HAVE to re-record the voice lines, as the original voice actors contracts only cover the original FO:NV, not some FO4 mod.

ZoltranFamilyValues wrote: Mod within a mod

Mod-ception