Project Spotlight: Fallout 4: New Vegas

Pickysaurus

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #67804141. #67822741, #68070506, #68108726, #68347966, #68472371, #68505991 are all replies on the same post.

BrentOGara wrote: All this nonsense about re-recording the voice lines is ridiculous. They HAVE to re-record the voice lines, as the original voice actors contracts only cover the original FO:NV, not some FO4 mod.

On the OTHER hand, I'm betting that one of the first 'mods' for this will be re-inserting the original voices. It'll be super simple, probably just moving the files from one directory to another, and re-naming them at worst.
ZoltranFamilyValues wrote: Mod within a mod
xDieSelx wrote: Mod-ception
lazloarcadia wrote: Personally I'm betting they set the time line at a different point, such as a few years after, and thus can easily justify why the dialog will NOT be the same as it was in FNV. Such as maybe Sunny in the starting area (GoodSprings?) now has a child from some wander she met years ago that was shot in the head. Or maybe it was Ringo that she had a fling with. Maybe the NCR came in and took over the quarry to guard against death claws, so the area is now under their protection / control. Perhaps Boone went back and rejoined the 1st Recon and is now a Lieutenant and runs the team, or the Misfits from Camp Golf are now mercenary unit following their discharge from the NCR who finally got their act together. etc etc.

There is 100% no reason for them to stay true to the FNV cannon story line, and in fact I hope they don't. Rather I hope they use the original story line as a starting point and then move forward from there.
MarkusTay wrote: EVERYTHING I've read on this project says they ARE staying 'true to the original', so why on Earth do you think they WON'T, when they specifically say they will? Wishful thinking? It will be the SAME GAME, just updated to the FO4 engine.

That means that the original voices CAN be used (and this was done before, when they merged F03 and NV in another mod) - it will just require you to OWN both games. The only new voices they need to record would be for any new material they wish to add (and they did say there will be some of that), or for the main protagonist, since the that wasn't voiced in the original, and the F04 game engine has that aspect. I suppose they could chop-apart the existing F04 dialogue... TWICE (M&F)... or even use some sort of sophisticated voice-emulation software , but the simplest solution would be to simply have someone (or two someone's) voice the main protagonist's lines.

Which now makes me wonder if they'll use any of the sounds/voices from F04 (the Supermutants in F04 sure sound a LOT dumber), and if they decide to implement any of the settlement building (because the engine is already setup for that, so why not?), they could use some of the generic NPC voices (although a LOT of that is them pointing you to other locales, which won't work... so once again, ALL new works best). I doubt they'll put settlement(base?)-building in, since the original didn't have it, and my whole point just now was that they wanted to stay as true to the original as possible, but I can see them (or someone else) adding it in as an option at some point (as I said, the code is already there, so why not?)
MizterMoonshine wrote: Voices were easily brought from Fallout 3 to New Vegas in TTW because the games use the same data system. Fallout 4 uses a completely different audio system to New Vegas so you can't just basically drag and drop like with TTW. Someone will need to write a converter program to do it.
FreAkKy27 wrote: this doesnt work like goddamn ttw they clearly said they have to redo everything from scratch and just like in project capital wasteland where a team of modders tried to recreate fallout 3 in fallout 4 and their progress stopped because bethesda wont allow them to use the original voices due to copyright reasons

Stop fantasizing about Sunny, she is with me.

I'll be honest: they can leave out weapon durability and is be fine with it. It's annoying to maintain weapons.

I recognize that this may be an unpopular opinion

That having been said, this is the most awesome project, like, ever.

Edited by Watts533

I'll be honest: they can leave out weapon durability and is be fine with it. It's annoying to maintain weapons.

Agreed. I have never played a game in which having to maintain my equipment added to my enjoyment of said game. It is always a hassle. Especially because in most games weapons degrade way too fast.

And I'm also looking forward to this. New Vegas is my favorite Fallout. Having the story, characters and role-play options of New Vegas plus the game play improvements of FO4 is going to be awesome.

Edited by WhitesnakeWASP91

• 2 weeks later...