Project Spotlight: Fallout 4: New Vegas

Pickysaurus

In response to post #66971136. #66981371, #66983471, #66986236, #66987086, #66992286, #66998471 are all replies on the same post.

Moksha8088 wrote: This project is sure to be a big hit when it is released.

BTW, if modders come up with any future F4FNV texture mods, more than just improved rust would be appreciated. Will there be any previs/precombined stuff to worry about?

Nordrake wrote: Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.
neoquinn wrote: @Nordrake Wow what a c*%!.
BuddviBrittania wrote: @Nordrake Can't f*#@ it up worse than Bethesda did 76 lmao, but I believe in these guys, they seem to actually listen to the fans, being fans themselves
Vitz wrote:
Just imagine for a second how many bugs this new game will have and certainly this will ruin all hype in one day for people like you. And it will take ages for modders to fix all s#*!. This project is overhyped.

And people like you are the reason modders get dissuaded and quit. Go be salty somewhere else.
Eysenbeiss wrote: Maybe you should a) learn to read and b) do something of worth yourself.

This is not a new game, it is a conversion, meaning, that there won't be more problems than with the vanilla game it is based on.
Chances are though, that there will be less problems and bugs, since atm, almost all bugs are fixed and it will only be needed to implement those fixes-

Besides that, Vitz has said anything else necessary
czarnynight wrote: beating 76 is almost impossible.

@eysenbeiss - This is not the case. F4NV is remaking everything from scratch - nothing from Fallout: New Vegas can be converted and reused in F4NV. This is honestly an advantage for us, because we have nearly a decade's worth of hindsight to go through and mitigate issues that could result in bugs down the line. We also have no pegged release date, and won't be releasing F4NV until it's done to our standards. As such, until we hammer out as many of the bugs as possible, F4NV will not be going public.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #66959346. #66961466, #66992191 are all replies on the same post.

BinakAlgo wrote: I hope you the best and I hope to see a finished product someday, but deep inside I'm a pessimist and I'm afraid that the game was rigged from the start...
jeremyp1223 wrote: I feel the same way. These conversions never get completed.
Eysenbeiss wrote: Is it the players, that are doing the conversions, or is it Bugthesda and other companies, that are against it?

Don't blame the player, blame the game ...

To me, the fact that some people had the ambition and the vision to take on such an unbelievably huge task means everything and it is very inspiring.
I do understand that the "rigged from the start" comment was meant as a joke and a pun, but to me, they 'won' from the start, deciding to do something so challenging that others have stayed clear of.
It's also true that many projects, even those 20% as big, never make it to release, but that's just one of the characteristics of the passion projects. Modders do not get paid and to my knowledge F4NV devs don't even accept donations, so as you said it best, all we can do is to support and "hope them the best." Edited by Nielivarez