The meaning of Pro-Choice ?

Mktavish

I perused the forum rules for mention on this subject ... but seems the injection of religion to it would be the line in the sand ? So here goes my thoughts on it ...

The importance of an individual to have choice over a 3rd party interjecting and removing the choice of pregnancy , birth , parent hood (to some degree)

Is paramount to the decision of society classifying this as a line in the sand for concern of life. At least when citizenship is paramount to concern for life. Therefore , unless the life has a birth certificate ... then society has no grounds to usurp the life's choice ( a woman ) to go through the trans formative process of pregnancy then birth.

I'm a little split on the subject of if / when it would be the 3rd contemplation of a woman's choice to abort. Like maybe they should be confronted with the choice of losing their reproductive capability. But the rabbit holes there are deep I know ... so is really just another subject it's self.

Anyways ... the new statement about it ... with being able to abort at dilation , as on being a protection of a woman's choice.

Seems as though the choice was made to let this pregnancy effect the body to beyond the level that it was their choice not to.

And now it is not much different than a mother's choice to drop their baby in a dumpster.

Which if / when that happens ... we do all we can do to find out who did it , and call it infanticide .

So basically just want to say IMHO ... this seems to cross a definitive line of having liberty through choice ,and the concern for life in general.

And think Pro-Choice should take a careful look at what their original intent was about , contrasted with this new level of choice implication.

Me not being a woman though ... It's surely possible there may be some key point I am failing to realize.

So plz enlighten me if I am in the dark.

But I have to say my first impression to hearing this ... was this has to be fake new's :wacko:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you mean Pro-Infanticide

Morality is not universal. Trying to empower yourself by taking a life isn't a new concept. I mean thats the crux of the argument right? "Empowering" Women? Men do it. But it's usually someone who can defend themselves.

Well, basically. Pro choice means that my wife and I can engage in sexual activities without a fear of having another child.. . We just use condom, birth control, and/or seek abortion. And no, we will not practice abstinence at this time.

It can also prevent unwanted children (with potential severe mental/physical disabilities/defects with zero chances of becoming famous like Stephen Hawkins , financial problems arise from having a baby, and/or career disruptions from having a baby) from being born.

Morality is not universal. Trying to empower yourself by taking a life isn't a new concept. I mean thats the crux of the argument right? "Empowering" Women? Men do it. But it's usually someone who can defend themselves.

No the crux is at what point does a fetus become an infant . And the choice to abort is no longer about the womans body.

And if you can agree the right to choice is an act of empowerment ... then you can agree women were in a burdensome state before then ? And what exactly was causing that ?

Might it have been a societal status from which they could not defend themselves ?

Morality certainly is not universal ... as in the meaning of pro-life , certainly does not have universal concern for life. And the majority beating that drum , don't get to borrow the morals of the few within it who do appear to have a genuine concern for life.

Morality is not universal. Trying to empower yourself by taking a life isn't a new concept. I mean thats the crux of the argument right? "Empowering" Women? Men do it. But it's usually someone who can defend themselve

Morality certainly is not universal ... as in the meaning of pro-life , certainly does not have universal concern for life. And the majority beating that drum , don't get to borrow the morals of the few within it who do appear to have a genuine concern for life.

Well there are a lot of setbacks in life. In none of mine have I considered taking a life to make it easier...but I tend to take responsibility for my actions.

Well there are a lot of setbacks in life. In none of mine have I considered taking a life to make it easier...but I tend to take responsibility for my actions.

Take a biology class.

There's a difference between a baby and a zygote.

Also, the epitome of Irony.

Men arguing about Abortion.

Until we can get pregnant, we have to right to an opinion on it.

You can rationalize anything you like.

Exactly. And that works both ways.

Quite frankly, I am tired of the government legislating how I live my life. While I agree with them on some points, I do NOT agree with them on ALL points. Abortion is an INDIVIDUAL choice, and a lot goes into making that decision. Government should just stay the frack out of it.

As it stands now, the republican party, (supposedly the 'pro-life' party) DEMANDS that if a woman gets pregnant, she carry to term, and deliver. But then, you are on your own. They don't care about you at all, after you are born.....