Vortex wont scan for my games on my pc

MERCHANNIBAL

I literally don't understand I've tried so many different ways to get mods into star dew and absolutely nothing works. Vortex doesn't find a single game and scans for a few seconds and stops. It seraches for C: and C: btw

We've improved the UX for game scanning in 1.3.x, but perhaps we also need to make it more obvious that you can click on the Stardew Valley tile in the games tab and literally point Vortex to the folder you have it installed to.

• 2 months later...

Doesn't work. I just installed can't even Find Fallout 3 or Fallout 4. I own both games. I have directed the path directly to the game folder and nothing.

The above method worked though, simply typing in "Fallout" in search and manually setting it up and applying the fixes. Seemed to be fine afterwards.

Edited by Crix1980

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Scanning doesn't work at all. The scan doesn't even work after I've manually targeted SkyrimSE in the directory. "879 directories were searched, 0 Games found." I am also on Steam.

did you click on the GAMES TAB, and look in the UNMANAGED section to see if your game shows up in color?