How I feel and general feedback about vortex

Zorkanne33

Hi there, sorry for my clunky english, it's not my native language.

First of, i feel like this is a good step forward from nexus and I wish to sincerly thank whoever is behind this project.

but still, there's some things (in the ui mainly) that may need adressing in my opinion.

the positives :

1- It just blows my mind how vortex effortlessly moves and installs mods/loose files, this is just too good.
2- The way vortex handles conflicts is actually way, WAAAY better than the tedious file by file manual handling in nexus wich caused much frustrations and unneeded crashes/issues.

3- Auto sort plugins? whaaat?

The less positives :
1- The weird mod ui, wich scraps classic folders and draging/dropping for some weird category/tag thing wich is not intuitive (at least not for me), it gets pretty tedious to manage large numbers of mods. You kinda get used to it, but i'm not a big fan of it.

Edited by Zorkanne33

The less positives :

1- The weird mod ui, wich scraps classic folders and draging/dropping for some weird category/tag thing wich is not intuitive (at least not for me), it gets pretty tedious to manage large numbers of mods. You kinda get used to it, but i'm not a big fan of it.

Are you talking here about the plugins page and plugin load order? If so, then please be aware that dragging and dropping are unnecessary in Vortex, even though it's possible to do so. Vortex load order sorting uses a built-in LOOT and LOOT plugin groups. The best way to use Vortex sorting is to enable auto-sort and let Vortex LOOT handle the rest of it. In those few cases where you may need to override the plugin sorting, you can do so either by setting a rule or by assigning a plugin to an appropriate group. No dragging and dropping are necessary.

However, if you are not talking about the plugins page here, then I'm totally confused about what you are saying.

The less positives :

Are you talking here about the plugins page and plugin load order? If so, then please be aware that dragging and dropping are unnecessary in Vortex, even though it's possible to do so. Vortex load order sorting uses a built-in LOOT and LOOT plugin groups. The best way to use Vortex sorting is to enable auto-sort and let Vortex LOOT handle the rest of it. In those few cases where you may need to override the plugin sorting, you can do so either by setting a rule or by assigning a plugin to an appropriate group. No dragging and dropping are necessary.

However, if you are not talking about the plugins page here, then I'm totally confused about what you are saying.

My bad, i wasnt clear enough, i'm talking about what used to be this:

vizhGnr.jpg

(basically dragging/dropping zip files into nexus, then dragging mods into diffrent folders etc)

wich turned into this. (when i used to just drag mods into diffrent folder categories, now i need to create a tag, then double click a mod, select a tag, then filter tags to only show what i'm interested in. It makes sorting mods a tad bit more tedious, but as i said i'm starting to get used to it. It still feels a bit like a stepback from the nexus ui in my opinion.)

VIpqqAp.png

Thanks for the picture.

Vortex's roots are in Mod Organizer (same author) so this part is different.

What you want is a facility to group your mods by type, like "Armor" or "Companion".

If you can see a straight forward way to do this, submit it as a feature request through Vortex.

Honestly been here since Morrowind. With no more NMM support. I'm going back to a manual. Everyone going you need to learn this and set up this correctly, you're lazy, you're incompetent etc. No I shouldn't have to watch a multi part video and still find hidden problems. This should be frankly plug and play for basic functions . Its just easier to go back to manual. NMM was great.

Guest deleted34304850

if - big if - but if you'd done even basic research into this you would see that it takes minutes to set up. if - another big if - you know what you're doing.

another big if - if you'd bother to read before you post, you would know nmm is still alive and kicking.

three massive ifs there. good luck with your manual modding.

I figured I'd get that.

All your ifs are assumptions. NMM seems pretty dead when I update the classic can't login bug has returned. It claims it alive but OK. Its obvious don't know what I'm doing with Vortex I'll give you that despite Gopher's tutorial.

I've actually had my best luck with manual modding thanks. a little help from loot with manual corrections afterwards and I'm great.