[Suggestion] Option to automatically enable mods on install

SilentNightxxx

Been using Vortex for awhile now and loving it however I've been hoping for more automation since I started using it. Can we please get an option to enable mods automatically after install? Additionally can we have another one that automatically activates all plugins from mods when they are enabled without having to press the Enable All button on the popup? My only annoyance with Vortex is the amount of unnecessary clicking.

You mean THIS option?

Deploy-Vortex-1.jpg

*EDIT*, Oh I think I know what you mean.
When you click on INSTALL, you also have to click on Enable afterwards, and if you don't have the setting I showed above, turned on, you'll have to click a THIRD time as well.

Yea, I'm going to give this a +1 as well, there's a LOT of clicking to install a mod.

As long as it's an option you can turn off of you don't want it, I'm all for it as well. Sometimes it's nice to be able to download and install a mod (or a few) without enabling them right away. Maybe that's just the hoarder in me :D

Why even install the mod if you're not going to use it right away?

Just don't install it and it won't automatically get enabled.

There's your option.

Because sometimes I download and install mods for different profiles at the same time and I don't want them all enabled on the same profile. I know, I'm weird and probably doing it the wrong way, but I'm not very good at modding so I just have to do it the way it makes sense to me and the way it works best for me. Even when it doesn't make sense to others.

Guest deleted34304850

i've got several that i have downloaded which i will install, but not enable, pending a new game. once its time for me to start a new game, i go through the list of mods i've got and remove some and install others.

for the latest game i just started, i removed awkcr and associated mods (goodbye bloat and instability) and I installed a couple of other mods, including simsettlements conquest.

i do this all the time.

Guest deleted34304850

I absolutely love that feature. when i built out my load order for the last game i started i did that. went off had a cup of tea, read the news, came back and there was vortex, chugging away.

i let it do its thing - it would alert me of mods needing to be deployed, missing masters - etc - the key is don't panic, vortex knows what its doing.

eventually it finished its deployment. i checked the status messages that remained, re-ordered a couple of mods where i want the fix to load after the mod and that was that. totally and utterly painless.

vortex takes all the hard work out of modding my game. i love it.

• 2 weeks later...

What you can do is on the mod page, select all mods you want to install (the would show as "Never Installed") and then click "Enable" in the white bar at the bottom of the mod list.

This will install and enable all selected mods in one click.

I know, I still think the extra clicking is unnecessary. Here's how mods are currently installed:

1. Download from Nexus.

2. Click install on Downloads tab in Vortex.

3. If you are lucky click the enable mod popups. Otherwise click mods tab, sort by disabled to find mods that need installed, then enable them.

4. If a mod contains multiple plugins click the activate all popup.

How easy installing mods could be with the features I suggested:

1. Download from Nexus.

2. Click install on Downloads tab in Vortex.

It cuts out two steps. Additionally you could even cut out a third step by adding a button that puts Vortex into a sort of auto install mode where when mods are downloaded from the Nexus they are automatically installed. This would make mod installation a one click process for people that want to use the features I suggest.

Maybe this seems like nitpicking but I just want Vortex to be the best it can be. :)